Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, uk newbie here.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Default Hi guys, uk newbie here.

As above. Hi all hope your all well! Total newbie to all this. Uk based. Getting pretty fed up of paying money for grams of shit weed so will be starting to insulate my outhouse ready for when the weather starts milder after Xmas. Trying to absorb as much info as I can before I make the plunge and get my kit together. I know I want to use soil as hydro confuses me. Not sure wether to go led or low watt hps. I’m sure il know after scouring the pages. Happy smoking to all!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (19-09-18), G' (20-09-18), The budda (20-09-18)

Thanks

Welcome what setup you planning on using.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rew For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (19-09-18), G' (20-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Welcome to the Talk, mate!

Enjoy the research 😊

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Welcome to the Talk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I’m planning on insulating the shed as best I can then putting a small 60x60 tent in there. Raising the shed and exhausting into the floor to try and avoid heat signature as much as I can. I’m torn between using a 250w hps or the equivalent led set up. And then whatever extraction fan I’ll need. With carbon canister to stop the neighbours whining. All in soil.

I think if I go led I’ll definately have to use either a tube heater under the roots or a oil rad with thermostat for lights off. Which is what draws me more to hps. But then lights off temps will still be low even then. For my first grow I think il try growing two plants. Possibly cheese as it’s on of my all time favourites. Or maybe one cheese and one lemon Sativa if possible. Lights on through the night to keep temps where they should be. I may insulate a box around the tent also to make it stealthier and warmer. Any pointers would be massively appreciated though. Once I get started I’ll be writing a diary to show progress and for the guys on here to spot any potential mistakes or issues early on so I can tackle them.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (19-09-18), G' (20-09-18), gardro (19-09-18), WhIpLaSh (19-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ashw021 View Post
    I’m planning on insulating the shed as best I can then putting a small 60x60 tent in there. Raising the shed and exhausting into the floor to try and avoid heat signature as much as I can. I’m torn between using a 250w hps or the equivalent led set up. And then whatever extraction fan I’ll need. With carbon canister to stop the neighbours whining. All in soil.

I think if I go led I’ll definately have to use either a tube heater under the roots or a oil rad with thermostat for lights off. Which is what draws me more to hps. But then lights off temps will still be low even then. For my first grow I think il try growing two plants. Possibly cheese as it’s on of my all time favourites. Or maybe one cheese and one lemon Sativa if possible. Lights on through the night to keep temps where they should be. I may insulate a box around the tent also to make it stealthier and warmer. Any pointers would be massively appreciated though. Once I get started I’ll be writing a diary to show progress and for the guys on here to spot any potential mistakes or issues early on so I can tackle them.
    Im in a similar set up so im glad youre thinking about insulation and exhausting air. I wouldnt worry too much about heat signature since the fans are running constantly.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

Welcome and good luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18)

Thanks

Just checked out your blueberry and cheese grow. Real good effort. You’ve just insulated the box you grow in as far as I can see? Do you grow in there year round? I was surprised you had more yield from the blueberry after it seeming like the one that would produce the least. Spoke to the Mrs tonight she said I can use the attic so I may start thinking about a 30 amp supply up there and getting it boarded. Will hopefully be easier to manage temps and noise from neighbours.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ashw021 View Post
    Just checked out your blueberry and cheese grow. Real good effort. You’ve just insulated the box you grow in as far as I can see? Do you grow in there year round? I was surprised you had more yield from the blueberry after it seeming like the one that would produce the least. Spoke to the Mrs tonight she said I can use the attic so I may start thinking about a 30 amp supply up there and getting it boarded. Will hopefully be easier to manage temps and noise from neighbours.
    Sorry Gardo that was for you. Still getting used to this �� thanks for the welcome everyone else also!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Welcome to thc

Up the irons

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

G' (20-09-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast