Thread: Dwc setup questions

Thanks

Default Dwc setup questions

Hi all, I’m thinking of going onto dwc setup, I’m currently using a 1.2x1.2 just wondering what size bucket would be best, I was thinking 11ltr, but how big would it be able to grow plants in 5.6ltr, and would they work just as well, or would I be better off with 11 ltr ones, I’ve never done dwc but looking at results around the web, we’ll plants seem bigger healthier and look like yields would be better too, I just bought 5 white rhino , n 5 ak48, prob just do 3 of each with an auto chucked in for research purposes.
    Please let me know thoughts on this and any personal experience any of you guys (and girls of course) have would be great, cheers for reading, looking forward to hearing what you’ve all got to say,I’m a humble beginner thanks again spider

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spider_strike View Post
    Hi all, I’m thinking of going onto dwc setup, I’m currently using a 1.2x1.2 just wondering what size bucket would be best, I was thinking 11ltr, but how big would it be able to grow plants in 5.6ltr, and would they work just as well, or would I be better off with 11 ltr ones, I’ve never done dwc but looking at results around the web, we’ll plants seem bigger healthier and look like yields would be better too, I just bought 5 white rhino , n 5 ak48, prob just do 3 of each with an auto chucked in for research purposes.
    Please let me know thoughts on this and any personal experience any of you guys (and girls of course) have would be great, cheers for reading, looking forward to hearing what you’ve all got to say,I’m a humble beginner thanks again spider
    DWC is gr8 but pretty advanced , if you are going to do dwc you will 100% need to get a PH pen and an EC pen/truncheon

I would go with 20ltr pots , more water = more food = more stable ph !!!

With dwc most of the nutrients are acidic ,

So when i fed mine they would have ph of 5.6 after 12 hours of feeding that could raise to 6.2 as pots were small meaning they could quickly get outside the ph range for feeding

Next time i will be running bigger pots

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

Spider_strike (21-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrEnigma View Post
    DWC is gr8 but pretty advanced , if you are going to do dwc you will 100% need to get a PH pen and an EC pen/truncheon

I would go with 20ltr pots , more water = more food = more stable ph !!!

With dwc most of the nutrients are acidic ,

So when i fed mine they would have ph of 5.6 after 12 hours of feeding that could raise to 6.2 as pots were small meaning they could quickly get outside the ph range for feeding

Next time i will be running bigger pots

Thamks for advice, I’m thinking I should just try 1 or 2 dwc just to see how that goes, and that way I will also get a bit of experience using that method, cheaper if things go wrong and the experience will be a great help, thanks again spider

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spider_strike For This Useful Post:

MrEnigma (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

id go as big as possible on the pot front.
    make sure your airpump is a decent size, like 20litres a minute for 2 pots
    And insulate the lid to keep the heat out of the buckets
    and feed less, start at 0.4 up to 0.8 in veg, then don't go over 1.2 in bloom. the extra oxygen means they don't need such high ecs.
    and get a decent ec and ph pen

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

MrEnigma (23-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spider_strike View Post
    Thamks for advice, I’m thinking I should just try 1 or 2 dwc just to see how that goes, and that way I will also get a bit of experience using that method, cheaper if things go wrong and the experience will be a great help, thanks again spider
    gr8 plan, Im sure you will love the results , Its a gr8 method !!