Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Smells

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Hobby means not for cannabis imho

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Alpha2505 (20-09-18), CityDweller (20-09-18), Gaz (20-09-18), GEORGE (21-09-18), Valentina (14-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Dude, is your exhaust fan maxed out, or can you up it anymore?

Just because there is negative pressure and the tent is sucked in, micro-climate can still form where air can drift out without passing through the filter.
    Yeah my fans fully running. Never had a speed controller.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alpha2505 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-09-18), GEORGE (21-09-18), Valentina (21-09-18)

Thanks

I'm definitely going to up grade to a bigger version . 😀
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    If your using a RVK or Ruck L1 on full tilt it wont work with a hobby it only has 30mm of carbon as opposed to 50mm the pro has. There won't be enough contact time of the stale smelly air on the carbon for it to be effective....

Regards BL

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alpha2505 For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-09-18), GEORGE (21-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

no mention of numbers so ill ask.

is your fan "matched" to your filter?

if its too powerful for the filter (or indeed not powerful enough) then the filter will simply give up and smells will become apparent.

obviously negative pressure is controlled by size of your intake and so doesnt indicate the effectiveness of your f+f system.

as said above high Rh will shorten a filters life quite drastically.as will getting it damp in any other way.

percy im using a mountain air 6" matched in throughput to a box fan and speed controller,is at about 6 auto grows now and still works great.
    they appear expensive but in comparison the cheap stuff is only cheap if it actually works and can last the same distance.
    which it doesnt.

rhino hobbies arnt great imo ,my last pro lasted a year or so and then started letting wiffs through,so im not that impressed with those either now,as others above ,their quality seems to have taken a tumble nowadays.

if you go the cheap route then buy a couple at the same time,as you just know one will fail at the worst point in the grow,just the way it goes.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Gaz (21-09-18), GEORGE (21-09-18), Valentina (21-09-18)

Thanks

I've looked on my fan and it's a G.A.S rvk sileo 150e2 . It doesn't state A1 or L1 so I'm unaware of its actual pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    no mention of numbers so ill ask.

is your fan "matched" to your filter?

if its too powerful for the filter (or indeed not powerful enough) then the filter will simply give up and smells will become apparent.

obviously negative pressure is controlled by size of your intake and so doesnt indicate the effectiveness of your f+f system.

as said above high Rh will shorten a filters life quite drastically.as will getting it damp in any other way.

percy im using a mountain air 6" matched in throughput to a box fan and speed controller,is at about 6 auto grows now and still works great.
    they appear expensive but in comparison the cheap stuff is only cheap if it actually works and can last the same distance.
    which it doesnt.

rhino hobbies arnt great imo ,my last pro lasted a year or so and then started letting wiffs through,so im not that impressed with those either now,as others above ,their quality seems to have taken a tumble nowadays.

if you go the cheap route then buy a couple at the same time,as you just know one will fail at the worst point in the grow,just the way it goes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alpha2505 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-09-18), ggotch (21-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

i found a "
    RVK Sileo 150E2-L Fan - 720m³/hr

not sure what the rhino is but have a feeling your fan is possibly too strong for the filter? if running at full warp.

you need the fan pulling slightly less than the maximum the filter can handle really.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Alpha2505 (21-09-18), GEORGE (21-09-18), Valentina (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

I bought the Vivosun brand . Designed in U.S .made elsewhere . Top notch these . They have all sorts of size . They are screwed flanges so you can take apart and recharge with activsted carbon .

They are well.priced also . Get one size up for the size of blower you have . Just install a Reducin coupling so if ya have a 6" blower . Toss and 8" fikter and the amout of restriction of flow is much much less . Damn things reduce the flow by 50% or more .so if your blower is rated at ex.800cfm .well youll only pull 400cfm . With a oje size up fikter . Im near the 750cfm mark for example . For 30-40$ more . Itz less hard on your blower .fikter also plus it will allow more airflow in your groom 😉

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Alpha2505 (21-09-18), GEORGE (21-09-18), ggotch (21-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

I would go with mountain air, or carbo-air.
    Mountain air are great filters and carbo air are endorsed by RVK fans systemair.

thy both will last you 2 years constant use, and don't smell leak, unlike the rhinos.
    Ive recently sent back 2 rhino pros, as they leaked smell within a month, utter rubbish.
    they used to be great filter too.
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 25-09-18 at 10:57 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-10-18), GEORGE (25-09-18), insushin (10-11-18), Kurdt (20-10-18)

Thanks

u can try ona gel.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighJoint For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-10-18), GEORGE (09-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Ive been using a Rhino pro for about 7-8 months now and not impressed at all.In fact, with my first grow,i just had a cheap carbon filter in there and it dealt with the smells far better but since Ive used the Rhino pro, even in late stage veg ive been getting smells and then when my plants flower, upstairs is absolutely reeking! Ive tried everything....Will definitely be getting a mountain air filter when funds allow.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-10-18), GEORGE (09-12-18)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast