Thread: Dopey humidity question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Default Dopey humidity question

So I've triedfinding my answer to this online but it's alluding me.

So when using intake and extraction in a tent, the air changed by the minute or so right? If that's the case, how can the dehumidifiers do the job they do? Should I be placing my dehumidifier right in front of the intake so the air incoming has to pass through or around it?

Also where's the best place to have hygrometers placed... my temps vary a lot dispite 3 clip on fans as well as a intake and rhino exhaust.

Tents only 3ft x 2ft x 3ft.

Looking forward to being able to scratch this brain itch finally.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-09-18)

Thanks

If your cycling the air at a fairly high rate the humidity wouldn't normally get that high especially if your moving the air around your room as well bar a heavy water or foliar feed. What are your humidity levels? I mostly run mine at night and during flower heats my room nicely too! Your not gonna get tho most out of your dehumidifier if the airs being sucked out at a high rate plus it add heat to your room. I'm amazed you can fit all this and plants in your tent! good luck

I run 2 temp sensors one at the tops of the plants and one in the root zone both need monitoring.
    Last edited by channel; 22-09-18 at 03:38 AM. Reason: forgot a bit!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to channel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-09-18), Silkadin (22-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

I got a dehumidifier from ebay for £80, 20l 1 that keeps the room at a set humidity.. 45% for example,,
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-09-18), Silkadin (22-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

My humidity is between 50 and 60 usually. I've got a 400ml dehumidifier, plus 2 of those 151 silicone tubs.

I guess my negative pressure is a bit much. I might get a dehumidifier for the room the tents going in so I can intake air from there rather than outside once I've moved it into the cabin.

Thanks for your response mate

Happy growing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-09-18)

Thanks

50-60% is great until yer buds are out even then can be ok as long as the air is moving around a bit. 30% is ideal for flower.

If you drop the rate you cycle the air in the groom your humidity might go up.

Common ways to decrease humidity are

Increase air cycle rate. swap yer air out quicker.
    Blow air around the room moving air = drying effect
    Add a dehumidifier.

If it real humid outside and your not battling temps then it could be worth dehumidifying the air on the way into your room like you suggested. Either by routing the inlet via your dehumidifier or dehumidifying the room your groom draws from.

Your biggest fear should be during flower when u got buds n the lights off they can get damp if air doesn't keep moving and no help from lights to help evaporate off that moisture.
    Last edited by channel; 22-09-18 at 12:00 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to channel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-09-18)