Thread: Purple buds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Purple buds

At what temperature would turn my buds a purple I’m in the uk and the summers coming to an end very windy atm so last couple of days temps would of been low atm is 21 with lights on so yea hoping to know if my buds would have a nice colour to em?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrGrow420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-09-18)

Viz Guest

Hello mate,

what plant are you growing? Not all plants will change colour, and even "purple" strains will sometimes not change depending on phenotype.

OK here is what happens and how to make it happen.

As you know the environment has to be spot on. In this case it means having the correct temperature. Anthocyanin is typically hidden by the stronger pigments in chlorophyll and often during autumn the green pigments break down. This causes the anthocyanin to come out. Depending on the plant type (strain) it can cause yellow, gold or blue pigments to come out. During the flowering stage, turn the temperature down during the night cycle. It should sit below 10 degrees Celsius. Don't let it get too cold like close to 5'C and below, that is not good for our girls. The bud should begin to purple about two weeks before harvest.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

British green (22-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Cant answer this question but my ''narco purps auto'' didnt turn purps......wasnt an auto........and definitely isnt a American-Colombian crime drama.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-09-18), UpT0wn (23-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Hello mate,

what plant are you growing? Not all plants will change colour, and even "purple" strains will sometimes not change depending on phenotype.

OK here is what happens and how to make it happen.

As you know the environment has to be spot on. In this case it means having the correct temperature. Anthocyanin is typically hidden by the stronger pigments in chlorophyll and often during autumn the green pigments break down. This causes the anthocyanin to come out. Depending on the plant type (strain) it can cause yellow, gold or blue pigments to come out. During the flowering stage, turn the temperature down during the night cycle. It should sit below 10 degrees Celsius. Don't let it get too cold like close to 5'C and below, that is not good for our girls. The bud should begin to purple about two weeks before harvest.
    I’ve got 3 green gelatos and a critical from royal queen seeds critical is actually meant to be done from week 7 but mine isn’t lol coming to an end of week 7 was gonna start the flush on all of em (green gelato is meant to go till week 9)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrow420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-09-18)