Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clean weed of broken glass particles

GreenBalls Guest

Default Clean weed of broken glass particles

Hello,

A friend of mine sent me a picture of a Mason jar full of green that she dropped, and completely smashed.
    A proper crushing smash that has left loads of tiny tiny glass particles.

I advised her not to smoke it, and to consider making butter (and straining properly through a coffee filter)

However I'd like to know if there is a way to clean the bud properly so it can be smoked?

I thought maybe water curing or something, but that really makes weed gross tasting IMO.

What makes it a bit worse is that it's not big buds or nugs, but little broken up little bits.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by GreenBalls; 23-09-18 at 04:03 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

A proper filter in a joint is a thought....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18), thelastrebel (23-09-18)

GreenBalls Guest

That's actually a cool idea M_C, unfortunately she doesn't know how to roll! Uses a pipe/vape.
    Actually, would vaping work?

Otherwise, would literally washing the weed be a good idea?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18), M_C (23-09-18), thelastrebel (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Vaping, I would imagine would be fine but I have no idea on washing the weed....

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18), thelastrebel (23-09-18), UpT0wn (24-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,370 Times

Vaping would have the same problem as smoking surely in that you'd risk inhaling bits of glass? Maybe if she was to inhale through a couple of layers of cheesecloth or something it would work.

If it was me though I'd feel safer with M_C's cigarette filters idea - get some decent gloves on, pre-roll it all into joints with proper filters and store them in a shatter-resistant jar for her would be my shout if possible.

Washing... I'm no expert but I think you'd lose a lot off the surface of the buds doing that. You'd never guarantee you'd got all the glass shards either.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18), M_C (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Run it through a 75 micron bubble bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18), M_C (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Run it through a 75 micron bubble bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why doesnt she do your awesome hair straightner rosin press and makes some e liquid or use a concentrate vape tank and just blaze the rosin. Thats what id do I think, fuck inhaling glass no way id be smoking that bud now

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-09-18), Valentina (24-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Why doesnt she do your awesome hair straightner rosin press and makes some e liquid or use a concentrate vape tank and just blaze the rosin. Thats what id do I think, fuck inhaling glass no way id be smoking that bud now
    Why would she inheld glass? We smoke out of glass pipes don't we? She could do an Ice Hash run, in a small 75 micron like you said Gaz, might not be any glass that small. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...read.php?57729

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

It was BB that suggested the micron bag mate.
    I suggested rosin

Inhaling through a glass pipe is safe, inhaling smoke from bud that potentially has tiny shards of broken glass in it is far to risky IMO.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-09-18), Valentina (24-09-18)

GreenBalls Guest

I should have mentioned she doesn't live nearby, and she's a newb to weed so can't really do hash teks etc. But it's a great idea otherwise.

Just to clarify re. vaping... the bud is kept sort of seperated from the mouthpiece, with little holes:

The weed is heated to just the right temp, no direct combustion by fire. No smoke. Are we saying that tiny glass particles would somehow be present within this vapour? Or chemicals? I guess Hotshot, that's what you meant about glass pipes - i.e heating glass itself isn't dangerous. Just inhaling glass particles would be.

So I'm also imagining the vape should be fine, but if anyone knows any more science info about how that works then I'm interested!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

Gaz (23-09-18), GEORGE (23-09-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast