Thread: General questions

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Default General questions

Hello all,

New grower here with some new grower questions. I've been checking around on the boards and other sites for these answers but was wondering if I could get some answers from experience. If these questions have been answered elsewhere I'd really appreciate links to those threads. I also tend to WAY over think things so if any of these examples sound like I'm chasing a rabbit please let me know.

1.) When do I mark a plants younger stages of development. ex
    I germinated a seed using paper towel on 9/2
    It popped on 9/6 and was planted to a solo cup
    The sprout broke ground on 9/10

So how old is the plant on 9-24? (I ask because I have some plants that where germinated, planted and broke ground in 3 days.)

2.) Can I pre sex a plant using cutting?
    I am working with unknown seeds and, due to plant counts allowed, would prefer to sex a plants as early as possible to save flowering space. I have read that you can top the plant, re root the top and then 12/12 it to see the sex. I'm concerned about the effects this has on me being able to harvest further clones should the top be female and any effects it may have on topping/training.

3.) Crowding.
    I understand the basic concepts of space for light density, oxygen/carbon etc. I also understand the idea of sexed plants crowding one another but, all environmental needs med, will they hinder each others growth just be being near each other?

Thank you all for your time and information. I'm sure more will come.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-09-18)