Thread: Too much water or overfed?

Thanks

Default Too much water or overfed?

using advanced ph perfect 3 part pure coco. Had fed at 3ml/liter but I thought it was too much and also fed with a lot of run off.. I think the result was over watering and overfed.

Went from 2ml/liter to 3ml/liter. The pot did lighten up so the last feed was 2.5ml/liter and was probably too much as well. Next one will be 2ml/liter again

I also thought I had a bug (couple holes in leaves) so I sprayed with some bug be gone away lights out and this was also during the same period I upped the feed. I have a dairy going as well but can't figure out how to link it. I'm colorblind so sometimes the obvious is right in front of me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

hotshot (27-09-18)

Thanks

I dont grow in coco so not too familiar with nute ratio's etc but looks like the plant is getting too much nitrogen with the ''clawing'' at the tips of the leaves.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

hotshot (27-09-18), sourshoes (27-09-18)

Thanks

COCO you feed once or twice every day !!!!
    Your plants are tiny so dont need much food yet
    You should flush the coco ASAP with x3 the water the pot holds, x2 should be plain ph water @ 5.8 . The 3rd should be a weak nutrient solution @0.5ml per liter and ph 5.8 . I feel your plants may have "Lightened up" not due to a deficiency but more a lockouk due to too much of something

Do you have an EC meter ??

Once you have flushed you can just raise EC slowly to avoid future issues , I raise mine 0.2 at a time

You plants dont need anything thing like 3ml untill into flowering after the stretch IMHO

Lucky you are in coco so its nice and easy to fix issues
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 27-09-18 at 06:55 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

hotshot (27-09-18), Kurdt (27-09-18), Macky (27-09-18), sourshoes (27-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrEnigma View Post
    You should flush the coco ASAP with x3 the water the pot holds, x2 should be plain ph water @ 5.8 . The 3rd should be a weak nutrient solution @0.5ml per liter and ph 5.8 . I feel your plants may have "Lightened up" not due to a deficiency but more a lockouk due to too much of something

Once you have flushed you can just raise EC slowly to avoid future issues , I raise mine 0.2 at a time

You plants dont need anything thing like 3ml untill into flowering after the stretch IMHO

I don't have an EC meter but what you said sounds spot on. I don't have a PH meter either so I flushed them well with .5ml/L nutrients. Will report back in a day or so to let you know how it turned out. I thought the curling was overwatering but I can feed daily? With run off each time?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

hotshot (27-09-18), MrEnigma (27-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,817 Times in 6,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrEnigma View Post

This here, pukka info. Advanced nuits are strong, 0.5 of a ml is fine. Keep the ec low. Plant probably has lock out due to over feeding mate.

“Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else.”
    "Eric Arthur Blair, 1984"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

hotshot (27-09-18), Kurdt (27-09-18), MrEnigma (27-09-18), sourshoes (27-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    This here, pukka info. Advanced nuits are strong, 0.5 of a ml is fine. Keep the ec low. Plant probably has lock out due to over feeding mate.
    would you continue at .5 for awhile.. or just until they bounce back then gradually go up some?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

hotshot (27-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    would you continue at .5 for awhile.. or just until they bounce back then gradually go up some?
    I would keep it at 0.5 for a few days , Most of my plants respond in 24-48 hours in coco

Then when they start to lighten up around the tops increase the food , but only by .2 a day , This way its very unlikely you will over feed, If plants look healthy then dont increase

Really if you are going to stay with coco / hydro i would invest in a ec meter and a ph pen , They are the only tools you need to ID 90% of issues you will ever have with coco , Even using ph perfect isnt perfect
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 27-09-18 at 11:47 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

hotshot (27-09-18), sourshoes (27-09-18)

Thanks

Thanks. They're looking better but a lot of the lower leaves are still looking sad. Will the whole plant turn around or should I expect to lose the most damaged leaves eventually?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

hotshot (28-09-18)

Thanks

Looking much better. Thanks for advice.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

hotshot (02-10-18)