Thread: Advice regarding LST please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Default Advice regarding LST please

Hello all. Was hoping for some advice. I’ve got an idea about where I want to go with training this plant but I have zero practical knowledge. Please let me know what you think.

Goal is to maximize flowering in around a 18w x 36h inch space. I also plan on topping to keep it shorter.

Bag seed 27 day into veg in 2 gallon happy frog organic soil *pic 1&2*

I tied it to the side 18 days into veg and trimmed one fan leaf to expose the lowest nodes *pic 3*

I plan to tie the main stem at this angle *pic 4*

Then I'd like to remove this trimmed leaf and possibly trim the fan above to again expose lower nodes *pic 5*

I promise I'll wait at least 24 hours before I act and will post results, I don’t want folks thinking they are throwing away advice.
    Thank you all!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

G' (03-10-18), GEORGE (02-10-18), The budda (03-10-18), Trex (03-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I'd avoid trimming as much as possible and tuck leaves instead personally. Is this an auto? I'm only on my second grow but I'm much preferring lst to topping. As long as the main stem stays pinned down then all the side branches that grow compete to be the main cola. I was surprised how many colas developed. Tho these plants are NL autos... the topped ones were photo mystery strains and flipped too early

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (03-10-18), CityDweller (03-10-18), G' (03-10-18), GEORGE (02-10-18), Kurdt (03-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Is this an auto ? Ill help ya out just need to know a few things 😉

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (03-10-18), CityDweller (03-10-18), G' (03-10-18), GEORGE (03-10-18), Kurdt (03-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Is this an auto ? Ill help ya out just need to know a few things 😉

Bag seed

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (03-10-18), G' (03-10-18), GEORGE (03-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    I'd avoid trimming as much as possible and tuck leaves instead personally. Is this an auto? I'm only on my second grow but I'm much preferring lst to topping. As long as the main stem stays pinned down then all the side branches that grow compete to be the main cola. I was surprised how many colas developed. Tho these plants are NL autos... the topped ones were photo mystery strains and flipped too early
    They are bag seeds. I'll hold off on trimming and will get the main cola down. Ill try and get some pics up afterwards. Thank you

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

G' (03-10-18), GEORGE (03-10-18), Trex (03-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Ok . First off i would repot into a proper pot . With quality compost and peat moss 50/50 and then add 20% perlite . (You can make and build your own soil but it takes time.to let bread down amendmants)

Let her settle into her new pot a few days .
    Be careful with the watering as she is overwatered . Ya can tell by her droopyness .

Then i would top . Then spread her out for a few weeks .

You can spread her out by making holes in rim of pots and tieing her down with string and hooks made from thick wire so it dont cut the stem .

What kind of light are you using ? The top shoots look burned .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (03-10-18), CityDweller (03-10-18), G' (03-10-18), GEORGE (03-10-18)

Thanks

Okay so I just finished doing this and was going to post to get some thoughts and read Trex's post.

Trex,

After double checking my stuff I think the soil I have meets your requirements. I do plan on sourcing local soil once this stuff is gone. After double checking my perlite however, its miracle grow. I knew better on that but somehow missed it when buying. Explains why Ive lost so many seedlings I think.

I have 2 plants in solo cups right now that I plan on moving to 1 gallon pots (after I fix my perlite issue). I can move this one to a gallon fabric pot as well but that would be a smaller pot than what its in now. Would that be okay? And should I remove the 2 bindings, let it stretch back out and then begin the xfer process or do it all at once?

I have a grow diary started in the newbie section. It has my current grow setup in it and Id love for you to check it out.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-10-18), GEORGE (03-10-18), Trex (03-10-18)