Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Light schedule

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Did 24/12 on my Seedsman Jack Herer. Back fired BADLY and the poor plant revegged. Yield was lack lustre in potency as well as volume.

Have read that once flowering is full on, upping the hours again to about 14.5 hours of light to increase flowering, then drop that down to 8.5 hours of light towards the end. Am interested in trying that but will need some FAST photo genetics before I commit.

Just my opinion but there has to be good reasons for the well trodden path of 12/12. And so far, the fewer stunts I pull the better the results.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Gasher90 (19-10-18), GEORGE (05-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

I wouldn't normally mind going 12/12 and taking as long as it takes but these are the worst plants I've had. Sooner they are down the better lol. At the very start my ph pen was out, just before I flipped them they started losing lower leaves. I thought just fix the pen and ignore it may be up the feed lol. They never looked big yielders but was only I'd say 2 weeks ago I started getting leaves turn yellow and die. I didn't even think to check the pen I was lazy if honest n thought I'd get away with it.

I have recalibrated my pen like I said and in future i am going to just do it every two weeks. For the sake of 5 minutes I think its better safe than sorry. Also some point next week I'm going to pop over to my mate and put my stick in his butt . Lol clearly a joke but yeah gonna test my ph pen side by side with his and same with the blue lab stick.

Bloody strain I want clones from ain't even sexed yet proper annoying. 2weeks till this lot comes down then a week dry. Hopefully by then will at least see the sex of the plants. Give it 2weeks to get bit more size then strip it and up to 2 weeks waiting on them to root. So will be like a month wasted with nothing on the go but that will next happen again after this gonna make sure of it because of how annoying it is.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Right so I just got back from my mates grow, his are looking proper healthy no issues what so ever. I shoved my ph pen in the water butt, which I have not long reset. Mine read 6.8 his was reading 7? I have just recalibrated mine though? Then with the bluelab stick, his was reading 1.2 while mine was showing 1.

I feel kind of confident that my ph pen is the one showing the correct reading. I really should have brought the ph solution to his house but didnt think. Will do that next week though and see how it is.

The ec sticking reading different, I am gonna buy some testing solution for that. My mate also said might be worth changing the batteries? If its out on the solution reading that looks like will have to buy a new one.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Gasher90 (19-10-18), GEORGE (05-10-18), Trex (05-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Quote Originally Posted by bazilbrush View Post
    Right so I just got back from my mates grow, his are looking proper healthy no issues what so ever. I shoved my ph pen in the water butt, which I have not long reset. Mine read 6.8 his was reading 7? I have just recalibrated mine though? Then with the bluelab stick, his was reading 1.2 while mine was showing 1.

I feel kind of confident that my ph pen is the one showing the correct reading. I really should have brought the ph solution to his house but didnt think. Will do that next week though and see how it is.

The ec sticking reading different, I am gonna buy some testing solution for that. My mate also said might be worth changing the batteries? If its out on the solution reading that looks like will have to buy a new one.
    Depends on the mutliplication factor . Some are .7 some .45 and some .5 . Especially truncheons wich show lower reading if im not mistaken .

Calibrate yours and stick with it . The ph can just be diffs in temps from your place to another

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Depends on the mutliplication factor . Some are .7 some .45 and some .5 . Especially truncheons wich show lower reading if im not mistaken .

Calibrate yours and stick with it . The ph can just be diffs in temps from your place to another

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I honestly never knew that, the ph pen is effected by temperature? I thought it was just the ec pens.

I am going to order more ph tester solutions both 4 and 7. Check it every two weeks and recalibrate it, better safe than sorry.
    The blue lab stick for the ec calibrates itself but I have seen online blue lab sell solutions to test it and a cleaner. I am going to be ordering that. Can check if mine is on point then and will do that at least once a month.

Tree or anyone who Kay know. Do you think if my ph pen was out by .3 it has always been just that? Or when it loses its calibration it can throw random points out that differ all the time. It doesn't matter as rest it but just seems a lot of damage was done for being just .3 out.

Not sure if I explained that in the best way lol this might make the point I'm questioning clearer. If my pen read 7.3 solution and I wanted to get it down to oh 6, would I be able to just say right it was .3 above so go 6.3. Or does it not work like that and fact its off it could be different each time.

Thanks again proper apprentice the replies.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Gasher90 (19-10-18), GEORGE (06-10-18), Trex (05-10-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3