Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with vape

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Default Problem with vape

Never used a dry herb vape before, but i do use a normal e liquid dripper.

So i bought a Grizzy Eclipse vape the other day. I followed it;s (very basic) instructions. Fill the chamber with ground bud, hold the power button for 5 seconds until it heats to 195c..But i am getting tiny tiny amounts of vapour, and it tastes like hay. Tastes really bad, and very little high off it. More a little head buzz...

What am i doing wrong? Ive tried it at slightly higher and lower temps too..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (05-10-18), GEORGE (05-10-18), ggotch (05-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

heyup,yeah first time with a erbal vape is often dissapointing but youll get hang of it.

i dont know that vape unit,i use arizer Air portable which is superb,but the way ive come to use mine is,full temp to fire up those goodies and then i lower it to medium,theres no numbers on mine just a line of leds(different colored leds but im cblind ha).
    i figure its along the lines of decarboloxation(?)

my arizer has different draw glasses/pots but all require a long sloow drag mostly ,apart from very dry erb,youll get a good cloudy expel from very dry erb but lots of cough n wheeze as well.

its unlikely to ever match an ecig(i use a hellfire combi mod and a aio squonk mod)but the hit should equal to a hotknife,ive whiteyd using my arizer and my black sugar .

taste is the real taste of erb,theres no baccy or combustion to overwhelm it and thats why it tastes off to begin with.

an easy way to tell if its shitty erb or bad setting is to expel slowly from the nose,that there is an exact definition of what the erb is,pure and unadulterated.

its always good to vape menthol or strong mint ejuice beforehand as that cleans the taste sensors in you mouth n tubes and then enhances any taste,as im sure you already know,works well prior to stoning in general.

youll grow to adore that smell taste,,,,when you find it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (05-10-18), GEORGE (05-10-18), Kurdt (05-10-18)

Thanks

Its not shitty herb-i grew it myself

I get what you are saying, but im not getting stoned...Something is not right i think.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-10-18), UpT0wn (17-10-18)

Thanks

haha,not what i meant..

trouble is theres a lot of these vapes about,a rather large bandwagon for them to jump on imo,ive been handed allsorts at parties etc n a lot of them, nay most of them, arent a patch on the arizer unfortunately.

perhaps theres some youtubes showing your make n model?,thats where i found out about the arizer air.
    mind a lot erbal youtubes have dissapeared now google/big brother has control

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-10-18), Kurdt (05-10-18)

Thanks

cant find a single review of grizzly eclipse that isnt biased/sales promotion apart from one youtube which i think is in mexican or something.

looks ok,has glass and ceramic but tbh im always sceptical about multi-use things,they never seem as good as dedicated use items.

not much help im afraid,maybe someone else has got one and be a better help.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-10-18), Kurdt (05-10-18)

Thanks

I had the same issue-couldnt find any proper reviews. I was originally buying somehting else, but the store emailed and said it was out of stock and they would upgrade me for free to this. AS the other one was 50, and this one is 120 i said ok.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-10-18), ggotch (05-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

I went from being a heavy smoker for most of my life until i quit for 5yrs or so then took up vaping and dry herb vaping. What ive found is that the buzz i get from vaping is not as intense as smoking it BUT, seeming as you are using less weed in a vape machine it's understandable.However, after 2 or 3 im proper gurning...... Sounds like your temp's are ok, lower temps usually mean stronger flavor but less cloud and higher temps generally produce more cloud,(but you're never going to get a big cloud on exhale like you would from a joint/bong etc.) As mentioned above, slow deep inhales work best for me and the flavor you get from a vape is far better than smoking it. Just have a play around with your machine and try different settings and hopefully it will get better for you.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-10-18), ggotch (05-10-18), Priapus (06-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    I had the same issue-couldnt find any proper reviews. I was originally buying somehting else, but the store emailed and said it was out of stock and they would upgrade me for free to this. AS the other one was 50, and this one is 120 i said ok.
    WooHoo! Vaping is something I know about! (Sorry been noobing it up in the grow section and feels good to give back advice)

Okay so I've been using e cigs for 8 years and vaping dry herb for about 6 and this is what I think. The taste and smell you are describing is from the heating element not getting hot enough. You're probably vaping off some of the lighter oils but you need heat to pull a hit off of dry herb. Draw and air flow will play a roll in quality of vapor but you arent even getting to the point were it would matter. In fact with what you are describing if you did draw slow enough to do anything, you'd probably just ignite your herb. The vapor should be light, sharp and when you exhale you should blow WAY more out than you feel like you have in your lungs. The taste should be almost exactly the same as the herb smells, like you diffused it in water and drank it. Your vaped herb should be a golden to tan color and smell faintly of burnt popcorn. It should have also lost close to 30% of its volume once vaped through.

Might I humbly suggest you get on the eBay and grab yourself a cheap o box style whip vaporizer (will look like a black box with a tube thing next to it.) They are in the 50 - 75 dollar range and are home units that plug into the wall. If you want to blow a bunch of money on a Silver surfer or a Budda then have at it. I own a Surfer and I like it but they are expensive and not necessary to learn the ins and out with. DO NOT buy one of those automated bag jobs or blower things. Again they are nice (if you want that stuff) but they will not help you learn about dry herb vaping and cost out the wazoo.

I'd also urge against hand vaporizers as a main use tool or as your entry to vaping. Tech has gotten good enough to make a hand unit but you will pay dearly for it and it makes it difficult to figure out exactly whats going on when you use it.

Good luck to ya sir!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

*Edit*

I hate it when people give me advice that involves me throwing everything I've done in the trash and I feel like thats what I've done here. When I say I think your not getting hot enough I mean barely not hot enough. I stay between 200 - 250 c for vaping (closer to 250 that 200 but I take fairly hard rips). If you can up the temp by that much on your machine ya might get some good toots! Because its ALMOST there though is why I dont think drawing super slow is going to help you. You'll end up promoting hot spots on the surface of your herb and it will catch fire.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    *Edit*

I hate it when people give me advice that involves me throwing everything I've done in the trash and I feel like thats what I've done here. When I say I think your not getting hot enough I mean barely not hot enough. I stay between 200 - 250 c for vaping (closer to 250 that 200 but I take fairly hard rips). If you can up the temp by that much on your machine ya might get some good toots! Because its ALMOST there though is why I dont think drawing super slow is going to help you. You'll end up promoting hot spots on the surface of your herb and it will catch fire.
    Awesome mate. Thanks for the help. You may be right about the temps-the older model of the vape i have only went to 195c and people said that was not enough. The one i have seems to go to 220 i think. Ill whack up the temps and fill 'er up with this bag of haze i just got

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (06-10-18), GEORGE (06-10-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast