Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: leaves curling down/claws

Thanks

yea will not feed till I figure out whats going on

i was just reading up that the leaves can also do this when there is a nutrient deficiency, I think i noticed some discolouration on new growth but didnt pay much attention this morning, will check when lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.g View Post
    Different plants take to different nutes differently.

I had to much N in the soil with this plant, it just went dark green.

I had a sensi super skunk, could take loads of nutes and nothing happened until I got lock out from to much nutes.

I'd just keep plain water that bad boy for now

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420gen For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (06-10-18), GEORGE (06-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

Quote Originally Posted by deffcity View Post
    yea will not feed till I figure out whats going on

i was just reading up that the leaves can also do this when there is a nutrient deficiency, I think i noticed some discolouration on new growth but didnt pay much attention this morning, will check when lights on.
    If its like a lighter green on the new growth thats normal. New growth is always lighter.

Your fan leaves look a touch dark so id agree with above, dark green fan leaves and clawing, classic N toxidity

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

420gen (08-10-18), GEORGE (06-10-18), UpT0wn (06-10-18)

Thanks

yea thats exactly what it was. its annoying this is happening cause the plants happy and very responsive, super cropped 4 top colas and she was back up in a few hours. how long does N usually take to ease off the soil?

If its like a lighter green on the new growth thats normal. New growth is always lighter.

Your fan leaves look a touch dark so id agree with above, dark green fan leaves and clawing, classic N toxidity

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420gen For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (08-10-18), GEORGE (08-10-18)

Thanks

It depends how much is in and if it's got any slow release nutes in.

I don't know about your soil. You could always flush the soil, I did a mini flush with mine and it didn't seem to make much difference. When I watered I just made sure I got plenty of run off, about 2Ls of run off from 15L pot. I didn't get any clawing but plant leaves remained dark green.

If I added any nutes it would burn.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

420gen (10-10-18), GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

unfortunately i do have slow release nute balls in the soil,
    honestly tho I think she will be fine, looking at how big she is and getting, if it is too much N, it wont last long, im gonna try and not flush it unless i really need to coz last time i did that i had more problems as i let the plant starve after the flush
    It depends how much is in and if it's got any slow release nutes in.

I don't know about your soil. You could always flush the soil, I did a mini flush with mine and it didn't seem to make much difference. When I watered I just made sure I got plenty of run off, about 2Ls of run off from 15L pot. I didn't get any clawing but plant leaves remained dark green.

If I added any nutes it would burn.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420gen For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (08-10-18), GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

Mines doing fine, although I don't have those feeding ball things in just soil is heavy N and sour diesel doesn't seem to be a fan of N.

If your happy, keep doing what your doing!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

420gen (10-10-18), GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

Sour d is defo an sensitive one to n in soil I'm in plant magic soil with an auto and she's just had water and has clawed abit but bottom section of plant is lightning up now so gonna hit mine with 1ml bloom now week 5 of the autoflower

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-10-18)

Thanks

just gonna water till the N in the soil runs out, this is my second ever grow, first was a hindu kush that didn't go too well, autos don't like stress, not even a little.

so far ive applied everything ive learned in these past months onto this plant, I lst'd her very young, topped her few weeks before light switch, supper cropped her and just pruned and lightly lollipoped the bottom and i still have LST going on in the middle to let more light go through.

lets see if the tricks of the trade really give more buds
    Last edited by 420gen; 10-10-18 at 01:59 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 420gen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-10-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2