Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Super Silver Haze Strain Question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Quote Originally Posted by budfarmer View Post
    havent grown it ......YET..... i have however smoked it .... absolutly delicious it was too ... very best of luck with the grow mate ..

smoked it myself never grew it, i like my heavy indicas but sampled the ssh in amsterdam from the greenhouse seeds coffeeshop, was my regular wake n bake for months! nice energetic high, makes you wanna do a million things and then a bitta dust catches your eye floating down from the rafters n you ponder the meaning of life, then you fancy fresh squeezed orange juice n ginger bread, then the million things become a few n the next thing you know it youve joined a circus group!!

would only try sativa femz if i had a hoop style greenhouse mind you they be big lanky feckers
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks

Hi guys,

Reviving a bit of an old post here but it seems much more appropriate to add my question here rather than make a whole new post from scratch.

Anyway, I'm a first time grower and have (perhaps unwisely) opted to grow ssh. Mine are now 10+ weeks old and were initially grown both indoor and outdoor (indoor on poor weather days, outdoor on good weather days, and indoor as a top up on outdoor days in order to ensure a stable 16-8 schedule) but have been exclusively outdoor for the past week following some mild mold/mildew and will now stay outdoors until harvest.

My question is this: when did you'll notice pre-flowers developing? Mine are now 10+ weeks and don't have a hint of any pre-flowers. I know every strain is different but I would have expected to see some indication of sex by this point. Am I alone? Or is ssh just a late developer?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiogenesOfSinope For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-07-20), Greengrass (19-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

I guess you must believe that you have autoflowers? Since you're staying on an 18-6 schedule, what brand of seeds are you growing? Some guys are having problems with royal queen seeds not flowering automatically.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-07-20), Greengrass (19-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I guess you must believe that you have autoflowers? Since you're staying on an 18-6 schedule, what brand of seeds are you growing? Some guys are having problems with royal queen seeds not flowering automatically.

J

[
    No, they're photos. And, yes, from Royal Queen Seeds. Maybe I got my wires crossed but I thought I should expect pre-flowers from somewhere between 4-6 weeks? Like I said, I'm a first time grower so I may have misunderstood. In any case, I switched to an outdoor grow a week or so ago and pre-flowers have appeared in 3 out of the 5 plants almost overnight. At the moment, I'm getting almost exactly 18 hours of light outside where I live and I've had them outside for about 60% of their veg stage to date, so I wouldn't think the spectrum of light they're receiving would have done the trick. So maybe it was something to do with my indoor set-up? I was always planning to take them outdoors at this stage and kept them outdoors on good weather days anyway, so my indoor set up is VERY rudimentary. I've also had some nutrient deficiencies (which you helped me out with in another post ) which I have not rectified, so maybe the deficiencies could have held them back?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiogenesOfSinope For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-07-20), GEORGE (21-07-20), Jingo (21-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

Well you are correct females will usually show their lady parts once they're mature. Boys however, will wait until the days start getting shorter. The main reason I asked about Royal Queen seeds is I've had a lot of problem with the fems being males.

J

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-07-20), DiogenesOfSinope (21-07-20), GEORGE (21-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Well you are correct females will usually show their lady parts once they're mature. Boys however, will wait until the days start getting shorter. The main reason I asked about Royal Queen seeds is I've had a lot of problem with the fems being males.

J
    Ah, ok. I'm glad I didn't know that before mine started showing as I'd have been terrified mine were all male, especially as they all still weren't showing until 10+ weeks. In any case, everything seems to be back on track now. Thanks, man.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiogenesOfSinope For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-07-20), GEORGE (21-07-20), Jingo (21-07-20)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5