Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Potential bud rot?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by deffcity View Post
    wont be the best but the water will hold on to most of the mold, i did it with powdery mildew which i also washed off first, might be diff story for actual bud rot tho.
    if your in europe id chop her now. this weather is a recipe for mould and rot
    Anything rotten should be completely removed before washing. Dont use the rotten weed to make hash.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

420gen (13-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18), ggotch (14-10-18), Mr_Motion (13-10-18), M_C (13-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,677 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Anything rotten should be completely removed before washing. Dont use the rotten weed to make hash.
    Affected bud sites now gone!

Here she is after chopping the rotten buds -

Edit (forgot to add text haha) ideally I'd like to smoke the flowers not make hash, you think that is possible or should I just bite the bullet and turn them into hash?

Sent from SPACE using LASERS
    Checkout my current grow - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rip-light-auto

RQS Kush auto, bridgelux pc case grow box

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (13-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Motion View Post
    Affected bud sites now gone!

Here she is after chopping the rotten buds -

Edit (forgot to add text haha) ideally I'd like to smoke the flowers not make hash, you think that is possible or should I just bite the bullet and turn them into hash?

She looks good to me. I would lightly wash before drying and then it should be fine to smoke.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-18), Mr_Motion (13-10-18)

Thanks

She looks good to me. I would lightly wash before drying and then it should be fine to smoke.
    Awesome thanks man 👍

Now onto possibly a ridiculous question, to 'wash' them am I cutting them where they meet the soil, putting them under the shower head and hanging them above the bath to drip dry?

Also I thought I had a little while to go before harvest, so I have nowhere to dry them lol I can get a largish cardboard box tomorrow but other than that only other place is maybe the attic anyone have any ideas

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (13-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18)

Thanks

Awesome thanks man 👍

Now onto possibly a ridiculous question, to 'wash' them am I cutting them where they meet the soil, putting them under the shower head and hanging them above the bath to drip dry?

Also I thought I had a little while to go before harvest, so I have nowhere to dry them lol I can get a largish cardboard box tomorrow but other than that only other place is maybe the attic anyone have any ideas

Dont use the shower head. Fill a bucket
    Submerge fully, pull it out and hang to dry.

I use a standalone carbon filter with a blower directly on top placed next to the drying branches. Nothing blowing on them. Just near them.

If you don't have a spare filter and blower then hanging in a box with holes inside your tent is your best bet I think.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dont use the shower head. Fill a bucket
    Submerge fully, pull it out and hang to dry.

I use a standalone carbon filter with a blower directly on top placed next to the drying branches. Nothing blowing on them. Just near them.

If you don't have a spare filter and blower then hanging in a box with holes inside your tent is your best bet I think.
    Brilliant ok so just cold water in a bucket, splash around a bit (gently) then hang them up 👍

I don't have a tent dude I grew them outside, so you think cardboard box with holes popped in the side and stuck in the corner of the bedroom (baby, cat, dog won't allow the box to be anywhere else but the attic) think that will work?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-18)

Thanks

Brilliant ok so just cold water in a bucket, splash around a bit (gently) then hang them up 👍

I don't have a tent dude I grew them outside, so you think cardboard box with holes popped in the side and stuck in the corner of the bedroom (baby, cat, dog won't allow the box to be anywhere else but the attic) think that will work?

Sure. Sounds like your only and best option.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sure. Sounds like your only and best option.
    Awesome that's the ticket then.

I was looking at washing methods, and alot of people seem to be using lemon juice with bicarbonate soda and 3 different buckets, do I need to go this route or can I just use a single bucket and ommit the lemon juice and bicarb? (I only posses one bucket for a start lol)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-18)

Thanks

Ok so checked them this morning (hanging over the bath after their wash)

The rot had spread some more 😭 so now I've clipped all the buds off and stuck them in a brown paper bag in the airing cupboard.

Other 2 seem fine so they will go in a cardboard box later on today.

I may just get a single smoke from all this 😂 that will be one hella expensive spliff

I have however got the smallest amount of Charras from handling and cutting the autopilot lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2