Thread: Autoflowering/Feminized Strains to pick for an easy first grow...?

Thanks

Default Autoflowering/Feminized Strains to pick for an easy first grow...?

Hey I’m just doing all my research for a grow at the moment and have been thinking about what seeds to go with, so much choice out there in terms of strains and suppliers I’m a bit stuck on what to go with. Should I grab femenized seeds or stick to autos?

I fancied doing a Sativa and an Indica so I have a choice but I’m looking for something that can be grown in under 10 weeks, is at least medium-high in terms of potency and is a fairly hardy strain as to not cause me too many issues first time round. My grow tent is probably going to a 1mx1mx1.8m tent so I’ve no idea whether that would take 4 autos or whether 2 plants is the maximum in there.

I’ve looked at Amneisa Haze autos but seem expensive and apparently take a long time from seed to harvest. Few others like Bubble Kush and Northern lights but would love any recommendations from experienced growers on what they reckon..?

Cheers.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dilbert For This Useful Post:

BB (14-10-18), Gaz (14-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Default Autoflowering/Feminized Strains to pick for an easy first grow...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Hey I’m just doing all my research for a grow at the moment and have been thinking about what seeds to go with, so much choice out there in terms of strains and suppliers I’m a bit stuck on what to go with. Should I grab femenized seeds or stick to autos?

I fancied doing a Sativa and an Indica so I have a choice but I’m looking for something that can be grown in under 10 weeks, is at least medium-high in terms of potency and is a fairly hardy strain as to not cause me too many issues first time round. My grow tent is probably going to a 1mx1mx1.8m tent so I’ve no idea whether that would take 4 autos or whether 2 plants is the maximum in there.

I’ve looked at Amneisa Haze autos but seem expensive and apparently take a long time from seed to harvest. Few others like Bubble Kush and Northern lights but would love any recommendations from experienced growers on what they reckon..?

Cheers.
    Hi mate.fast n vast falls in those perimeters however to finish her (or any auto) of in under 10 weeks needs near perfect conditions and treatment.

I did a fast n vast grow in 63 days seed to chop 😊

I’d just get 2 in that tent aswell
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BB; 14-10-18 at 10:16 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

British green (14-10-18), Dilbert (14-10-18), Gaz (14-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Hi mate.fast n vast falls in those perimeters however to finish her (or any auto) of in under 10 weeks needs near perfect conditions and treatment.

I did a fast n vast grow in 63 days seed to chop 😊

I’d just get 2 in that tent aswell
    Thanks mate, I should probably just try and stick with the same strain for the first to save any problems with different veg/flower stages.

It’s not imperative it HAS to be done in 10 weeks so that’s not an issue. Is Herbies Seed a decent place to buy from?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dilbert For This Useful Post:

Gaz (14-10-18)

Thanks

Hi 👋
    My first go I did 3 northern express autos in a 80x80x160? Might be 150? 😂
    They did well but space was really tight and in all fairness I think two would have been a better number but I didn’t learn my lesson and I’ve got 3 Girl Scout cookie autos in there now ha!
    The northern express is very very forgiving. I beat mine up so bad with rookie mistakes and they still produced above and beyond my expectations.

Excited for you, Good luck 😊

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink For This Useful Post:

Dilbert (15-10-18)

Thanks

I'm in the same boat mate, first proper grow so I went with Northern Lights, White Widow and Skunk #2 autos from Sensi Seeds to see how they fare. A week into veg and looking great so far.
    Let's get it on!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

Dilbert (15-10-18)

Thanks

How would you rate the quality of the buds and smoke/potency you got from the autos? As they are main concerns that they might be noticeable lower quality plus the electricity I’ll be paying for