Thread: First time grow

Thanks

Default First time grow

First time grow Help with a question I have 2 critical autos which was planted just over a week ago in 12 litre smart pots the seedlings are over and inch and a half as of today Iíve been misting the soil daily to keep it most in growing in buobizz lightnix under a led Light Iím just wondering when I should give them a proper water as afraid of overwatering also my temps are 28 lights on 25 lights off and average 50% humidity also when should I introduce cal mag to the watering they are 8 days from seed today
    Any help appreciated as we know these fellas hate stress
    Many thanks
    John

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John 123455689 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-10-18), G' (15-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 101,952 Times in 32,509 Posts

Hi mate, welcome along

It looks like you know what you are doing so just keep doing it
    ďSometimes you have to sacrifice your principles, sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to do.Ē (Mark Jenkins)

Please familiarise yourself with our Forum Rules -http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/faq.php

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for the welcome and I’ve done a lot of research before I started I’m just unsure when to give a good watering till see run off as they seem to be drying. Quicker with the water spraying would you recommended now give a good water with 1 mil per litre of cal mag till see 10-20% run off and leave em till the soil dry again to water and when should I introduce grow nutes to autos
    Many thanks
    John

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John 123455689 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 101,952 Times in 32,509 Posts

With the size of your pot it is unlikely that you will need nutes until they reach flowering.

I grow in coco so am not as familiar with soil & LED as I was

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-10-18), G' (15-10-18), John 123455689 (14-10-18)

Thanks

Ok thanks for the advice do you know when I can post to find about watering my auto flower seedlings in soil

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John 123455689 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,303 Times in 2,379 Posts

Welcome john.

(Ironman... John and some numbers!!)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

G' (15-10-18), WhIpLaSh (14-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 2,109 Posts

Welcome to the talk brother, all the best mate, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

Latest diary http://thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/sh...-x-White-widow

Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 953 Posts

Welcome buddy check my diary out I'm growing in 11l pots autos to might help ya with a questions you have ( click my name and go to my started threads should be right side on that page then it's mr jimmy goes auto crazy atb brother

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Thanks
    Thanked 10,725 Times in 3,353 Posts

I start by watering in the soil with around 500ml water (add a root stim to that if you wish)

Place germed seed in and cover back over with soil (place a half cut bottle/dome over the top to keep it nice and humid)

I just mist the top soil when looking dry for first week

If alls well at the end of first week I'll up to 1litre feeds

By about 3 weeks I've usually got em on a wet dry cycle feeding 2 litre feeds with a little run off every 2-3 days

Hope that helps somewhat

Oh and foliar spray ya calmag don't put it through the soil, I spray once when I see preflowers as precaution but seen others spray a couple of times

Meant to get to the plant quicker and it messes with the goodies in ya soil if you feed it through medium apparently 👍👍

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thanks

Thank you all for the reponses and cheers think I need luck a lot to learn and yeah i will check the dairy out when I had tea lol I’ve pretty done what you said but don’t think I water 500ml at start maybe half as was worried about growing the poor fellas from week 1 to 3 how long would the litre last em roughly can you explain more about wet and dry I’m a noob atm but willing to learn and listen also what do you mean foliar spray ? I’m lost abit �� use cal mag as a spray instead of with feeds ? When do you reckon nutes and what nutes to use I have grow and bloom and cal mag all vitalink then I have uptake , silica and dr repair them 3 are cyco range of nutes
    Many thanks

Thanks

*drowning the poor fellas

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 941 Posts

Wet/dry is basically watering them and waiting for them to dry before you water them again.
    Probably better if like said a few posts a go you check out a few diaryís that are similar to yours and that will answer a lot of your questions.
    A foliar feed is spraying the plant with a feed.aking sure you give the plant a good spray on the front and backs of the leaves.

No one like us we donít care. #upthelions

19. The Following User Says Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

MR B-loom (16-10-18)

Thanks

Ok thanks for the explanation thought it was but just wanted to make sure and yeah I’m looking as I speak thank for your time and help

21. The Following User Says Thank You to John 123455689 For This Useful Post:

millwall115 (15-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 941 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John 123455689 View Post
    Ok thanks for the explanation thought it was but just wanted to make sure and yeah Iím looking as I speak thank for your time and help
    No problem mate. If in doubt just ask.

No one like us we donít care. #upthelions