Thread: Is flushing finished when leaves get pale?

Thanks

Default Is flushing finished when leaves get pale?

Hi folks,

I have read lots of info regarding when to start flushing, but when do you end flushing? Do the leaves always go pale (as the plant eats itself), or is this strain dependant (I would have thought not)?

According to the trichs, the plant is ready, so I've put them on a flush a couple days ago, but have not noticed much change in leaf colour. Just wondering if it is me not being patient enough

Cheers for any info

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calif123 For This Useful Post:

G' (20-10-18), GEORGE (23-10-18), MonsterEnergy (14-10-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

well most start flushing when she's on the last weeks of life,
    your plants are 70%-80% ready == flush until she has finished ripening - 7-14 days depending on medium

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (20-10-18), GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks

Yep, problem is that I did not flush before hand, so they are already ready according to the trichs. Just need to rid the chems (in DWC hydro) and I'm done, but not sure how long to give it just plain water...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calif123 For This Useful Post:

G' (20-10-18), GEORGE (23-10-18), MonsterEnergy (14-10-18)

Thanks

in hydro they fade really quick when flushed,
    should be good in a week or so to chop em

usually takes 7-14 days

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (20-10-18), GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks

Are you saying that the plant will be finished flushing when all the leaves go pale? If so, am I right to use the paleness of the leaves as my "how much the plant is currently flushed" measure?

Reason I'm curious, is that I started flush 2 days ago, but I cannot really afford to wait for 7-14 days for flush (due to time commitments, have to pull tent down soon). Trying to gauge how far off I will be from complete flush if I chop tomorrow. Cheers

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calif123 For This Useful Post:

G' (20-10-18), GEORGE (23-10-18), MonsterEnergy (15-10-18)

Thanks

cut em down when you need em down mate
    in hydro there's no food unless you supply it so they yellow faster than soil

when you switch to just water the plants eat themselves to stay alive,
    how long they last depends on how much they have stored up, remove all the fan leaves - speeds up yellowing

i've chopped em green and pale yellow, can't say i could tell the difference after a good cure,
    go to youtube and check ''trimming cannabis'' you won't see many completely yellow, nor with most outdoor plants that are harvested

cut em if ya want or let em fade more

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

calif123 (15-10-18), GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    cut em down when you need em down mate
    in hydro there's no food unless you supply it so they yellow faster than soil

when you switch to just water the plants eat themselves to stay alive,
    how long they last depends on how much they have stored up, remove all the fan leaves - speeds up yellowing

i've chopped em green and pale yellow, can't say i could tell the difference after a good cure,
    go to youtube and check ''trimming cannabis'' you won't see many completely yellow, nor with most outdoor plants that are harvested

cut em if ya want or let em fade more
    i agree with u on this. i have chopped sometimes because i had to due to rippers or mold and i can never tell a difference in my plant. all i care about anyways first and foremost is if it gets me fucked up. taste is 2nd for me!

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

AND (24-10-18), G' (20-10-18), GEORGE (23-10-18), MonsterEnergy (18-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

You'll probably find that they will start going light green all of a sudden be patient there bro'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

16. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)