Thread: Peoples opinions on FIM or TOP with scrogg

Thanks

Default Peoples opinions on FIM or TOP with scrogg

I'm back again haha. But this is what forums are for! And i would like to learn from the pro's..
    Originally i wanted to TOP but i have been doing some research and there are so many ways people do it. I mean i know its down to personal preference and what not but i like to hear what people do.

From what i have read, When you scrogg you dont need to Top or Fim because the screen will get filled evenly anyway. Topping is better because it heals faster and its better for the plant, then fimming is better because it is not as harsh and and can produce more. My head is literately fried lol... Its lemmon haze i am doing.. Also another method people have said is tie them down but i don't want to try that lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick_Rick For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

i think its more about what do you want to do rick! how confident are you in your skills as a grower firstly.
    if its your first time id just leave it well alone and learn the basics, walk before ya run kinna thing, and is it an auto your thinking of doing ??
    its not as easy as it looks but once youve yer set up honed in you can start stressing out the girls and yourself.
    if your feeling good go with topping, look up some of the regular auto toppers in the grow diaries
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    i think its more about what do you want to do rick! how confident are you in your skills as a grower firstly.
    if its your first time id just leave it well alone and learn the basics, walk before ya run kinna thing, and is it an auto your thinking of doing ??
    its not as easy as it looks but once youve yer set up honed in you can start stressing out the girls and yourself.
    if your feeling good go with topping, look up some of the regular auto toppers in the grow diaries
    Hi mate, well this will be my 3rd one, i kinda do feel confident i may for the fim. the whole cutting the top of the plant scares me lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick_Rick For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Yeah it can all get a little bewildering.....Im still experimenting with LST'ing,have only ever done it to my last grow and had some great results over previous grows and to be honest, really enjoyed training it. Im not confident enough to try topping or fimming yet and dont know if i ever will as i mostly grow auto's.Whatever you decide to do,best of luck mate!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18)

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    Look into mainlining.
    Definitly my favorite by far. Love the organized layout of a well mainlined plant.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

I grew 6 autos, all topped. They did not flinch!

Personally, if the plant is growing well, then top. I am talking about autos here - up to day 21 (normally day 15-17) - as soon as the girl has 4 nodes I cut. Not FIM.

A good auto these days, IMO, responds well to topping and lst (so long as you are growing them well.... 4 nodes not leggy!).

My current lot are day 106! For 90 days seeds.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18), Slick_Rick (21-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

This is my first grow. I fim'd 1st and too early. But now I have bushy plants. I've topped a couple now as well. Topping makes it way easier to mainline or lst. U can actually do both. I'm growing 4 photos that I'm trying to get huge before I flip. I want enough nodes to scrog a whole tent with.

I'm also growing 4 autos that I plan to top just once, then mainline. Check out B_Bs auto diary. He's got it going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18), Slick_Rick (21-10-18)