Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a bit of advice with nutes for autos.

Thanks

Default Need a bit of advice with nutes for autos.

Hi, I've currently got my first proper grow going after a few micro grows a few years ago.

Seeds are...
    2 each of Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 and Northern Lights
    2 x White Label White Widow
    It's a soil grow with verve and perlite mix, nutes are all Old Timers - Grow, Bloom, Bio Silicon, Root Stimulant and Cal-Mag.

They were germed on 28th September and transplanted into 10L pots a couple of days ago.
    Since they were they've loved it and come on leaps and bounds to the point where I'm pretty sure a the Skunk and WW are showing early signs of flowering.
    They're only around 6 or 8 inches high so this has taken me by surprise a bit, having not grown autos before I sort of expected them to be larger before they started showing sex. I've only been using Bio Silicon and Root Stimulant with every watering, I also sprayed them with Cal-Mag at lights out the other day.

My question is I guess, how do I proceed with adding nutrients?
    I was under the impression the soil will already have nutes for a good couple of weeks so if I'm right they will then be a a good fortnight into flowering by the time these are used up.
    So at that time do I very slowly start adding just grow nutes for a week or so before introducing bloom or is that wrong?
    Unfortunately until I've got a bit more experience I'm absolutely shite at knowing when plants need a feed lol.
    Let's get it on!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-18), Greengrass (18-10-18), millwall115 (17-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Hi, I've currently got my first proper grow going after a few micro grows a few years ago.

Seeds are...
    It's a soil grow with verve and perlite mix, nutes are all Old Timers - Grow, Bloom, Bio Silicon, Root Stimulant and Cal-Mag.

They were germed on 28th September and transplanted into 10L pots a couple of days ago.
    Since they were they've loved it and come on leaps and bounds to the point where I'm pretty sure a the Skunk and WW are showing early signs of flowering.
    They're only around 6 or 8 inches high so this has taken me by surprise a bit, having not grown autos before I sort of expected them to be larger before they started showing sex. I've only been using Bio Silicon and Root Stimulant with every watering, I also sprayed them with Cal-Mag at lights out the other day.

I was under the impression the soil will already have nutes for a good couple of weeks so if I'm right they will then be a a good fortnight into flowering by the time these are used up.
    So at that time do I very slowly start adding just grow nutes for a week or so before introducing bloom or is that wrong?
    Unfortunately until I've got a bit more experience I'm absolutely shite at knowing when plants need a feed lol.
    A few pics would help. But yeah with soil your usually good for a 4ish weeks.

No one like us we don’t care. #upthelions

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-18), Greengrass (18-10-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	366908

No idea if that worked but it should be a crap photo I tried taking earlier. Zoomed in a bit in Paint and circled where I think the pistils are.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	366908

No idea if that worked but it should be a crap photo I tried taking earlier. Zoomed in a bit in Paint and circled where I think the pistils are.
    nice bud site, keep an eye on that particular site and photo it over the coming weeks youll then have a decent idea for the next grow

no experience with verve but a few of the boys should know, ive found running autos in decent soil you need less grow nutes since the soils hot enough more on the bloom once buds start forming

oh and autos generally get planted in their final pot, they hate being transplanted apparently! but yours have seemed to have taken right off
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    nice bud site, keep an eye on that particular site and photo it over the coming weeks youll then have a decent idea for the next grow

no experience with verve but a few of the boys should know, ive found running autos in decent soil you need less grow nutes since the soils hot enough more on the bloom once buds start forming

oh and autos generally get planted in their final pot, they hate being transplanted apparently! but yours have seemed to have taken right off
    Funnily enough I read about potting straight into the final pot last night

So when do you think bloom nutes should be started? A few weeks time maybe?

Forgot to ask, how much water at the minute given the roots are not that well formed at the minute? Gave them a litre each earlier but no run off obviously, does that sound about right or should I be aiming for run off from now on?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Hey mate, Have a search for a member called BB. Hes growing autos (and setting the bar) in similar conditions so reading through some of his diaries will be a massive help.

Setting up your own diary is a good idea too. The amount of help youll get is invaluable plus then youll be able to enter all the competitions too.
    Last edited by UpT0wn; 18-10-18 at 10:04 AM.
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-18), Greengrass (18-10-18), Priapus (18-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Hey mate, Have a search for a member called BB. Hes growing autos (and setting the bar) in similar conditions so reading through some of his diaries will be a massive help.

Setting up your own diary is a good idea too. The amount of help youll get is invaluable plus then youll be able to enter all the competitions too.
    Thanks mate, I was reading one of his diaries the other day so I'll have to dig out some more.
    Bit early for entering comps like lol.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm not a pro with growing and have only had a few harvests but my little experience tells me that if you have good soil

I try to only implement nutes later on in the grow or to 'fix' problems that arise

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samgee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-18), Greengrass (18-10-18), UpT0wn (18-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Thanks mate, I was reading one of his diaries the other day so I'll have to dig out some more.
    Bit early for entering comps like lol.
    No mate. Lots of comps anyone can win. I got 11 free seeds that had nothing to do with growing. Mon the talk.

Medium and nutes seem spot on for a good grow. Id still recommend setting up a diary. Then we can advise you based on the plant, how shes responding, hungry etc

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Seeds are...

Most of what I found to be true with my Auto grows in the past have been the less the better when it comes to feeding. Usually the soil will feed them for about 3-4wks depending on what you are using. Lots of soils tend to burn autos too. I've grown a good bit and most of the time that I've over fertilized was because of adding Grow nutrients as it overdosed many of them with nitrogen. I cut out the grow nutes completely and usually like clockwork around the 3rd to 4th week they'd show cal-mag deficiencies so I would adjust as needed when I first began seeing the issue. After that point when flowering begins I'd add Bloom nutes and sparingly b/c it doesn't take much with autos it just depends on the strain. Most of the time watching the plant will tell you but like I said earlier I'd go for under fertilizing them versus over b/c they recover so slowly--if at all--I've even read that some people, if they aren't using a good soil with nutes, will start the Bloom nutrients before they see the plant flowering to force flowering. I've never tried this because mine have always started flowering around 20 days and I never needed the nutes until then. Lots of how much the plants can handle is of course strain dependent but I know from personal experience that NLights, Amnesia, Blueberry, train wreck, and herer don't require much as I've grown plenty of those strains..

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spartacuss For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast