Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PLEASE HELP ! 1st grow sick plants 3/4 weeks old already

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    The initial overfeeding with very little roots may have damaged them. Can you check the EC of a plain water runoff? You might need just plain water for a little time to help them recover since there is probably salt buildup in the coco. I would stick with plain water until runoff is about 0.2 to 0.4 EC and then introduce a very light feed of about 0.4 ec.
    Yeah for sure to buy one tomorrow morning too check the ec on run off. So you think just water alone may help them perk up abit and be abit stronger. Could they be getting lack of water with suck small roots in the cube still? The cube could be drying before everything else or would the roots naturally search for water Evan if they was tiny ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darthvader112 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18), G' (19-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18), MonsterEnergy (18-10-18)

Thanks

i wouldn't hold my breath for this one though
    id cut a large plastic bottle and make a humidity dome - mist the inside first,[/QUOTE]

Done this hopefully fingers crossed it bounces back , been two weeks already and I've seen abit of progress not all bad so hopefully it will not die lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darthvader112 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-10-18), G' (19-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18), MonsterEnergy (18-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvader112 View Post
    Yeah for sure to buy one tomorrow morning too check the ec on run off. So you think just water alone may help them perk up abit and be abit stronger. Could they be getting lack of water with suck small roots in the cube still? The cube could be drying before everything else or would the roots naturally search for water Evan if they was tiny ?

If healthy the roots search for water. Without knowing EC of runoff it is impossible to be sure of anything. Based on the info given I would think plain water is your best bet. At the same time, I would listen to Monsters advice. He definitely knows more than me.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

G' (19-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18), MonsterEnergy (18-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

What kind of light are you using? What size is your grow area?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

G' (19-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18), MonsterEnergy (18-10-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    If healthy the roots search for water. Without knowing EC of runoff it is impossible to be sure of anything. Based on the info given I would think plain water is your best bet. At the same time, I would listen to Monsters advice. He definitely knows more than me.
    we are all trying to help matey that's the only important fact i really take on
    definitely don't know more, i've just made more mistakes lol

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-10-18), Darthvader112 (19-10-18), G' (19-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18), UpT0wn (19-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Not a coco grower myself but you have some of the best growers on the talk helping you along here brother heed their advice matey, all the best, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Darthvader112 (21-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18), MonsterEnergy (21-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    What kind of light are you using? What size is your grow area?
    I'm using 2 x 600w Lights with baysix reflector , The size is 2.4 L & 1.2 W & 2M h

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darthvader112 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-18), MonsterEnergy (21-10-18)

Thanks

Hey thanks everyone for their advice, I used monsters advice I've done the propagator with some bottle it's been humid/wet inside for few days now not much difference, maybe the leaves got up a little. So for few days now I've been feeding it plain water with phdown with cheap meter that shows yellow when I add it which on chart says is 6, what should I aim for with coco. Ph and ec pens are on way. After my post first I fed them couple of times I had about a 1liter of drain, now half that, I think the old nutes are gone need ec pen for that right? I've done some tweaks with the air flow and the vents I'm gettin at the moment 40% rh with 28 Celsius. I got a niceWhat else I took some propagator things off today and left two on that looked smaller that the rest. Also there was no sign of roots when we got them and put them in little pots on first week And gave them week 1 feed that. With no roots. This gave them toxic shock maybe?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darthvader112 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-10-18), MonsterEnergy (21-10-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

using the dome ''70%+ humidity'' means your plants can absorb water threw the leaves, is why it's so important to keep rh down in flower
    ph for hydro 5.8

you never feed non-rooted/rooting clones, it's water only
    is why the propagator makes life so easy

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Darthvader112 (21-10-18), GEORGE (24-10-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2