Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grow tent + light? First timer

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Autumn here with me. Garage is always cool because where it is (in the shade 90% of the day) I will get it up and running tomorrow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (23-10-18), GEORGE (27-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

what fan are you running? Smoke a joint outside the tent intake and see if its sucking in air fast enough. My guess is you'll need a more powerful fan to exchange the air faster. Are you using domes? Grab a 1.5ltr or 2ltr plastic bottle and cut the base off to use. Spray/mist it with water
    Inside whenever you see it drying up.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Buy yourself a black orchid extractor fan, and keep all your vents open.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Autumn here with me. Garage is always cool because where it is (in the shade 90% of the day) I will get it up and running tomorrow.
    hows this running now fella?
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (23-10-18), GEORGE (27-10-18), Priapus (23-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BigJam View Post
    I'm guessing where ever you are it's also winter if its cold in the garage so the amount of light on the window sill is probably not going to be enough
    I can confirm that My lights broke so i germed on the windowsill last week...6 days after sprouting they looked the same as day 2...but leggy as a supermodel. Windowsill is no good except maybe for a few days in the height of summer.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (23-10-18), GEORGE (27-10-18), lipnobody (23-10-18)

Thanks

After what seemed like the longest 3 days of my life lol, stripped everything and started again. Got a consistent temp with light on at about 26-29 and extractor is running just like it should be humidity is still low at about 30rh so I’ve added a few cups of water and giving the tent a light mist at light on. Just need to get a small little fan heater for lights off just to tick over and everything should be sweet.
    Plants seem to have grown more in the last 36 hours in the new set up than 4-5 days in the last. A little concerned about the size but I’m assuming it’s down to cock up ive made. Hoping to bring these back to life soon as they are coming to 2 weeks old this week.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (23-10-18), GEORGE (27-10-18), lipnobody (23-10-18), Priapus (24-10-18), WhIpLaSh (23-10-18)

Thanks

After what seemed like the longest 3 days of my life lol, stripped everything and started again. Got a consistent temp with light on at about 26-29 and extractor is running just like it should be humidity is still low at about 30rh so I’ve added a few cups of water and giving the tent a light mist at light on. Just need to get a small little fan heater for lights off just to tick over and everything should be sweet.
    Plants seem to have grown more in the last 36 hours in the new set up than 4-5 days in the last. A little concerned about the size but I’m assuming it’s down to cock up ive made. Hoping to bring these back to life soon as they are coming to 2 weeks old this week.
    they can be pretty forgiving so long as you pamper them to fuck!
    regards to misting! do be careful not to spray anywhere near the bulb, glass everywhere n a big bang,
    cut the arses of 2lt bottles n mist the insides, you create domes like a greenhouse to help the humidity levels, stab a few holes in the lid too.
    re soil up to 2 fingers under the first leaves (if your in soil),
    once they are big enough n strong enough (usually after a week) you can remove the domes. youll find once theres more greenery the rh will increase slowly as you will be watering more!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Sounds like you need a cool tube and a dimmable ballast for your 600.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-18)

Thanks

That’s tonight’s mission, to put domes on just to get things going again. Have them in soil but going to get them in bigger pits the weekend hopefully!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-18)

Thanks

That’s tonight’s mission, to put domes on just to get things going again. Have them in soil but going to get them in bigger pits the weekend hopefully!
    you a dairy dude? would be helpful with info etc
    tent size, extraction set up, theres a template you can follow, this way we can just scroll up to reference ourselves to help, pictures speak a thousand words too mate

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast