Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taking clones question!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

It's a bit like aging unfortunately

Damage gets repaired (cells cloned) but with errors

( Another reason to stay away from ozone )

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (20-10-18), M_C (20-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I've heard this said before, is there any science behind it or is it jut observation?
    Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Is it to do with genetic mutations ? All I can think of. DNA gets cloned then mutations occur naturally, get cloned subsequently and then worse and worse hmmm🤔
    All we need to think about here is buds beloved exo . A mutation that worked for the best . I’ve used cuts from cuts for years. Since and before I joined up at the talk . This summer took its toll on some of the moms my mum has and I’m starting fresh with seeds but still collecting clones back from friends that had my clones . Ya just need good strong genes to start with and keeping a healthy plant . But then we also have the ability to breed fem seeds from our clones so we never lose a strain. This is why the chiesel is still as strong as she was when Marley first got his hands on her . She’s mainly used as a mom but a few of us have fem breed seeds from her so if all goes tits up . We simply start from seed again. Mutant plants can be good and bad but it’s about pheno hunting the good from the bad . Just don’t take clones from sick or unhealthy plants because that trait can pop out during flowering 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (20-10-18), Blue (20-10-18), gardro (19-10-18), M_C (19-10-18), Valentina (20-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I've heard this said before, is there any science behind it or is it jut observation?
    Hard scientific cannabis proof no, mainly observation yes..... Auto growers don’t have these problems do they

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (20-10-18), British green (20-10-18), M_C (20-10-18), UpT0wn (20-10-18)

Thanks

It’s worth mentioning vigours not the only issue, If your using feminised seeds that are missing the Y chromosome to continuously clone, sooner or later that hermie trait will show its head over multiple generations.

Ive seen the vigour issue first hand with the Og chedda cut. It smells the same it smokes the same. She just don’t root or grow like she used too.

It’s been run to death.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (20-10-18), British green (20-10-18), M_C (20-10-18), Valentina (20-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    It's a bit like aging unfortunately

Damage gets repaired (cells cloned) but with errors

( Another reason to stay away from ozone )
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    It’s worth mentioning vigours not the only issue, If your using feminised seeds that are missing the Y chromosome to continuously clone, sooner or later that hermie trait will show its head over multiple generations.

Ive seen the vigour issue first hand with the Og chedda cut. It smells the same it smokes the same. She just don’t root or grow like she used too.

It’s been run to death.
    Thanks Gardro. I was expecting telomeres but that too!

That hermie trait does scare me to be honest. It might be there in all cannabis, but there is no need to bring it up to the forefront.

M_C, you had some small plants in "suspended animation" some time ago, would those conditions be better ones for keeping a mother plant?

Blue, would you consider grafting that less vigourous clone on a root stock of a similar strain but with stronger vigour to see if it would regain that vigour?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue (20-10-18), British green (20-10-18), gardro (20-10-18), M_C (20-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Blue, would you consider grafting that less vigourous clone on a root stock of a similar strain but with stronger vigour to see if it would regain that vigour?
    Tbh grafting involves too much work so I wouldn’t , the genetics of this particular strain are solid from seed. I’d pheno hunt a full pack for a second time and find another similar with the vigour. Perhaps better than the first clone that did the rounds

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

M_C (20-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    M_C, you had some small plants in "suspended animation" some time ago, would those conditions be better ones for keeping a mother plant?
    That would most likely be an outdoor grow with an auto... if the temps are too low then they really do take some time to get going

With a mother I would imagine that the key to keeping mothers would be less light?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (20-10-18)

Thanks

Mindblown 😂 I think from this info it would be ok to go, seed, clone, seed, clone. I haven't got the space or equipment to be running 3 different grow spaces. Maybe eventually but not just now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJam For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (23-10-18)

Thanks

HOLY S#*T! Thanks to all, man you guys are some smart cool cats all these big science words have own me away I'm always doing clones from clones from clones no wonder I struggle lol. Seed, clone ,seed,clone it is then

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Percifrower For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2