Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Switching to LED and how cheap is too cheap

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    I know, but when I first got a HPS, the orange glow seemed to steal my heart a little. I had plants dumped on me, pretty much half dead and only some shitty CFL’s and sunlight during daytime. While I’ve smoked for a long time I never really put much thought into the process of growing always thinking it would be a little too risky. But I got a cheap HPS kit on eBay and stuck that in an even cheaper tent from the local hydro shop... which is where they shown me the blue and reds and They’ve been on my to get list since. like I would light up my house with them if I could. Just love the colours and the way they make the plants look, little odd I know but oh well.

Will check it out buddy, for some reason I always thought a cob would struggle with one plant (probably very stupid, but mainly because of their size and shape...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If ya really just like the blurple color you can buy "plant lights" that are that color. They are made to enhance flower color normally.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-18), Itslittyofc (30-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    cob led just means 'chips on board' rather than a single led it's multi led chips
    cobs are the better leds, the colored bulbs and bank/panels are totally out dated now
    Did not know that, always assumed cobs were small circular lights with only a couple chips... just from ones ive seen on google and stuff when I’ve looked at Leds

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

I use a Meizhi 300w LED,(i have 2 now.) It was the cost of electric that made me switch to LED's and have noticed the difference since switching .Im not a 'serious' grower,only ever grow 1 or 2 plants and am no way as knowledgeable as a lot of people on here but the meizhi's have served me well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-18), Itslittyofc (03-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    I use a Meizhi 300w LED,(i have 2 now.) It was the cost of electric that made me switch to LED's and have noticed the difference since switching .Im not a 'serious' grower,only ever grow 1 or 2 plants and am no way as knowledgeable as a lot of people on here but the meizhi's have served me well.
    Someone else adulation told me to try the 300w meihzi cob, he’s shown me some of his progress with microgrows and they seem to be doing well for him too... will have to look into it, would the 300w cover a 2.5ft X 2.5ft X 6ft tent? My 400w HPS usually covers it well in flower

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

Just here to throw down another vouch for invisi’s qb. Recommended++

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (04-11-18), GEORGE (12-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Someone else adulation told me to try the 300w meihzi cob, he’s shown me some of his progress with microgrows and they seem to be doing well for him too... will have to look into it, would the 300w cover a 2.5ft X 2.5ft X 6ft tent? My 400w HPS usually covers it well in flower

I've just moved to a Mars reflector 240, I was using 200w cfl until now tho. So far I'm impressed. There's loads of good reviews on YouTube for both meizhi and Mars and their results speak for themselves I think. I looked at the meizhi cob but really struggled to find testimony to back it up or to dismiss it either to be fair.

Eventually I just said fuck it I'll try the Mars and I can always try something else after a couple of grows if it's not what I was hoping
    Live from the dog house

2nd grow 1st diary White Widow Auto - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070731446

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashhound For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-18), Itslittyofc (04-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quantum boards for the win IMO !!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (03-11-18), GEORGE (12-11-18), Invisible_Sun (12-11-18), Itslittyofc (07-11-18), UpT0wn (05-11-18)

Thanks

I am using Mars pro II 80 in 2x2 grow tent. The performance is equal to the price.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmokeT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-18), Itslittyofc (07-11-18)

Thanks

Look at Viparspectra - when I was looking to reduce my electric, I did a lot of research and these came out on top for cost, running cost and power. But in saying that, I've done 3 weeks on LED and now I've switched over to 250W - 600W dimmable HPS and my plants seem to be growing a lot faster.

So what i'm trying to say is, LED's are great but I think switching to HPS at least half way through would help the overall yield.

Hope this helps!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-18), Itslittyofc (13-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,190 Times

We don't use " blurple " because the White light LEDS are full spectrum and include those spectrums within the light already. Plants use many spectrums of light for many reasons, using just 2 limits growth. Ontop of that the LEDS we use are diffused which means the light is multi direction like a hps, not like older leds where the light is only focused downwards.

Happy to answer any questions if you have any pal.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

British green (12-11-18), C-Rex (09-12-18), GEORGE (12-11-18), Herbitual (12-11-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast