Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: First grow

Starcodex Guest

Thank you all for the replies... I didn't think I was going to get any ��

I'm completely stuck for spending coin on any proper equipment. I've put myself in a bit of debt with a mortgage amongst other things. I really wish I could afford a proper led grow light or the 600w hps and a grow tent.... but I just can't. My partner is a pain in the ass as she pays our bills and is always saying we are skint this week.... And As I already mentioned I couldn't afford the damn Perlite let Alone an oil filled radiator..... Anyway I'll just need to make do with what I can acquire. Thanks for the mention of the radiator though Kurdt. And of course everyone else for their thoughts. It's going to be exciting and frustrating...

This grow is going to be all about finding things that I can use to grow myself a few buds or so. I'm not expecting to get what I could 0r should get from each plant.. I'd be happy with a couple of g's.
    So

Last night I found one of those scentsy wax warmer things ..I covered each pot with cling film and placed the warmer in there also.. I wrapped the rope light tighter round the pots and This morning the heat inside my enclosure was 23 degrees. There was a fair bit of moisture under the cling film too. So I guess I've now got the optimum condition for germination

Regarding the led floodlight I only got excited about it because it was a cool white 5000k led which I thought would be perfect from seed through to early veg. I definitely don't intend to rely on it throughout the full 60 odd days.

One thing I'll definitely be buying is some nutrients.. So I was checking out plant magic old timers fro and bloom.. Also keen on getting some bio silicon ASAP if I can.

Anyway now the clocks went back and the nights get darker..I hate this time of the year.. ��
    Today I got 2 x 15w status leds with a 3000 kelvin rating. I intend on getting another 6 of these if I can manage to borrow them. I'd like to use them for flowering. But can I use this kelvin for veg.

I'll go away now and take a picture or 2 for the crack.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Kurdt (29-10-18)

Starcodex Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181028_175818.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	367241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181028_180532.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	367242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181028_175910.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	367243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181028_175848.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	367244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181027_153305.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	367245

Just noticed the led floodlight is actually 4000k so not really cool white ��

And I never mentioned the size of the enclosure is 80 x 80 x 140
    Last edited by Starcodex; 28-10-18 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Picture order

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Starcodex View Post
    Thank you all for the replies... I didn't think I was going to get any ��

I'm completely stuck for spending coin on any proper equipment. I've put myself in a bit of debt with a mortgage amongst other things. I really wish I could afford a proper led grow light or the 600w hps and a grow tent.... but I just can't. My partner is a pain in the ass as she pays our bills and is always saying we are skint this week.... And As I already mentioned I couldn't afford the damn Perlite let Alone an oil filled radiator..... Anyway I'll just need to make do with what I can acquire. Thanks for the mention of the radiator though Kurdt. And of course everyone else for their thoughts. It's going to be exciting and frustrating...

This grow is going to be all about finding things that I can use to grow myself a few buds or so. I'm not expecting to get what I could 0r should get from each plant.. I'd be happy with a couple of g's.
    So

Last night I found one of those scentsy wax warmer things ..I covered each pot with cling film and placed the warmer in there also.. I wrapped the rope light tighter round the pots and This morning the heat inside my enclosure was 23 degrees. There was a fair bit of moisture under the cling film too. So I guess I've now got the optimum condition for germination

Regarding the led floodlight I only got excited about it because it was a cool white 5000k led which I thought would be perfect from seed through to early veg. I definitely don't intend to rely on it throughout the full 60 odd days.

One thing I'll definitely be buying is some nutrients.. So I was checking out plant magic old timers fro and bloom.. Also keen on getting some bio silicon ASAP if I can.

Anyway now the clocks went back and the nights get darker..I hate this time of the year.. ��
    Today I got 2 x 15w status leds with a 3000 kelvin rating. I intend on getting another 6 of these if I can manage to borrow them. I'd like to use them for flowering. But can I use this kelvin for veg.

I am in the process of building a led quantum board with the help of Gardo. I cant tell you exactly when it will be but should all go to plan and you have a safe addy I can post to I will send you my 2 x 100 full spectrum leds (20 watts draw each) and a 60 watt full spectrum (12 watt actual) led bulb they are all e27. It wont be for a few weeks yet as I am currently growing with them but I get what its like to be in this situation and I wont be using them once the QB is built and installed.

Anyway the offers there and good luck buddy

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (31-10-18), Bewbuds (17-11-18), gardro (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), JamesJoyce (28-10-18), Priapus (21-11-18), sourshoes (28-10-18), UpT0wn (28-10-18), Valentina (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Thank you all for the replies... I didn't think I was going to get any 😊

So

Anyway now the clocks went back and the nights get darker..I hate this time of the year.. 😩

I use 15w bulbs like the ones you have. 7 will light a 2x2 for veg easily(2 2700k , 5 5000k). I have 14 of them in my flower box but cant verify those yet. You dont have to spend a lot of money but if you are going to go cheap you have to spend every penny correctly.

Cary on sir!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

creeperpark (30-12-18), Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Priapus (21-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Not so sure if you’ve considered, but if it’s already snowing and you start getting decent temps in your shed wouldn’t the snow on the roof melt? Wouldn’t be great if you have nosey neighbours, as the one shed on the street dry as a bone and snowless lol. Not really a lot you could do To fix that other than insulate the grow box well and ventilate outside making sure only the inside of the box got warm. Although if stealth isn’t much of an issue, crack on 😋 I’ll keep an eye out on this, will be interesting bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (28-10-18), Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Not so sure if you’ve considered, but if it’s already snowing and you start getting decent temps in your shed wouldn’t the snow on the roof melt? Wouldn’t be great if you have nosey neighbours, as the one shed on the street dry as a bone and snowless lol. Not really a lot you could do To fix that other than insulate the grow box well and ventilate outside making sure only the inside of the box got warm. Although if stealth isn’t much of an issue, crack on 😋 I’ll keep an eye out on this, will be interesting bud

Holly shnikies I never would have thought of that! I would be a terrible stealth grower.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Priapus (21-11-18)

Starcodex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    Not so sure if you’ve considered, but if it’s already snowing and you start getting decent temps in your shed wouldn’t the snow on the roof melt? Wouldn’t be great if you have nosey neighbours, as the one shed on the street dry as a bone and snowless lol. Not really a lot you could do To fix that other than insulate the grow box well and ventilate outside making sure only the inside of the box got warm. Although if stealth isn’t much of an issue, crack on  I’ll keep an eye out on this, will be interesting bud

I read about this factor a few days ago on another forum. I thinking that inside my shed its as cold as it is outside so the snow would remain on the roof. The enclosure inside the tent is as good as being outside. I'd say the shed basically acts as a means of security and shelter for me everytime I enter the shed. The only shit thing is when I open up the enclosure the warmth escapes. I'd prefer if I could insulate the shed to keep in the warmth but it's going to come at a price. I was thinking about building a shed inside the shed inside the enclosure if you get me. A grow tent would be spot on I could put the enclosure inside the grow tent... Hang on I've got a camping tent.. I could put that inside the shed and put my enclosure inside it. 樂 LOL... Oh man I'm so excited I'm hoping that the seeds sprout by tomorrow or ASAP. I'm eager to see them pop out of the dirt.. I just hope it happens. An happens before Halloween on Wednesday. As 60 days or so on from that date it'll be the 1st of January. Its just hit me now that after drying out and curing I might not get a smoke of the grow until mid January  fur f*** sake. I wish I did this at the beginning of the month to coincide with Christmas. 

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Itslittyofc (04-11-18)

Starcodex Guest

Hey gaz... I totally missed your Contribution. Did I read that you would send me some sort of light.樂 Damn dude that would be an ace early Christmas present.

Hoping I don't or didn't miss out anyone else with their pure an utter kindness thank you so much I'm blown away with the willingness to help me on my path to a full on relapse.  Thank you so much.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Bewbuds (17-11-18), Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Itslittyofc (04-11-18), Priapus (21-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Good luck mate...
    Just like my first grow, searching the cheapest ways for it to work out... Now it is so addictive that I jumped the hype and ordered a QB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Hey gaz... I totally missed your Contribution. Did I read that you would send me some sort of light.樂 Damn dude that would be an ace early Christmas present.

Hoping I don't or didn't miss out anyone else with their pure an utter kindness thank you so much I'm blown away with the willingness to help me on my path to a full on relapse.  Thank you so much.
    Yes mate for sure .

I'm on the case with my LED build now (with Gardos genius) so in the next 10 days 2 weeks I should hopefully have no further use for my bulbs and you will be more than welcome to them. They are e27 bulbs but it's 3 bulbs equalling 55 watts of full spectrum LED so hopefully they will help you out a little, you can have the 4 way splitter I use with them too mate.

I have had so much kindness and help and goodies (prizes ect) it feels right to pay the kindness forward. You will soon see this place is a warm and generous community and we all just wanna help each other and grow some lovely weed .
    Last edited by Gaz; 28-10-18 at 11:19 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (31-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Priapus (21-11-18)

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast