Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: First grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Starcodex View Post
    I read about this factor a few days ago on another forum. I thinking that inside my shed its as cold as it is outside so the snow would remain on the roof. The enclosure inside the tent is as good as being outside. I'd say the shed basically acts as a means of security and shelter for me everytime I enter the shed. The only shit thing is when I open up the enclosure the warmth escapes. I'd prefer if I could insulate the shed to keep in the warmth but it's going to come at a price. I was thinking about building a shed inside the shed inside the enclosure if you get me. A grow tent would be spot on I could put the enclosure inside the grow tent... Hang on I've got a camping tent.. I could put that inside the shed and put my enclosure inside it. 樂 LOL... Oh man I'm so excited I'm hoping that the seeds sprout by tomorrow or ASAP. I'm eager to see them pop out of the dirt.. I just hope it happens. An happens before Halloween on Wednesday. As 60 days or so on from that date it'll be the 1st of January. Its just hit me now that after drying out and curing I might not get a smoke of the grow until mid January  fur f*** sake. I wish I did this at the beginning of the month to coincide with Christmas. 
    Okay its crazy, like bat shit crazy, but if you did put your grow tent in a tent you could heat the outer tent creating a massively efficient insulation barrier. Youd have to get the geometry between the grow and outer tent right but you can handle some serious cold when you can generate void barriers like that.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

G' (31-10-18), Gaz (28-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Starcodex Guest

Well I was eager to get home an check on my grow.

Thank you so much gaz dude. I'd really appreciate that. Thank you for being so kind and helpful it's put a smile on my face and I rarely smile these days. Ever since I quit weed 3 years ago my life has been pretty miserable. But yeah dude thanking you..

And rex dude. Bat shit crazy hahaha.. I'll see if I can enclose the grow space with some sort of barrier to keep in the heat.

As for every other reply to this thread thank you.

Anyway I was just out in the shed and all 4 seeds have broken through the soil.. The freebie jack herer auto seed in the orange pot is further on than the other 3 white widows. But hallelujah I'm over the moon. Absolutely delighted, ill continue to leave them in the dark until tomorrow (Halloween) and I'll officially turn on the lights. 👻 What a boost. I was starting to stress as I was thinking how long is it going to take for them to germinate in the soil and especially with the extreme cold outside. I'll tell you what though that halloween rope light surely did what I wanted it to.

A few things today I got a hold of

An electric fan heater
    A roll of roofing vapour barrier ( Has a reflective side to it) it's self adhesive with a bitumen membrane. I'm unsure about using this as maybe someone would know if the bitumen can give of fumes.
    An electronic timer
    A thermometer
    I also got a lumii cfl bulb holder I think it's an e40

I'd tried to upload some pics. But they failed.. Is there a limit to the mb size of uploads.
    Last edited by Starcodex; 29-10-18 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (29-10-18), Gaz (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Itslittyofc (04-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Can I just pull up a chair and chip in and say look into hps setup, because those lights you've got in a shed will maybe get you through the first couple of weeks but when flowering comes your going to need not just the warmth but the right spectrum of light and if it's you first grow hps will give you plants the best chance of getting a decent crop to "ditch the dealer"

A quick Google search of 400watt hps come up as low as £58 on ebay and will do 3-4 plants nicely
    Have a look before you need to buy anymore oil rads fella
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 29-10-18 at 08:46 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (29-10-18), Gaz (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Priapus (21-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Well I was eager to get home an check on my grow.

Thank you so much gaz dude. I'd really appreciate that. Thank you for being so kind and helpful it's put a smile on my face and I rarely smile these days. Ever since I quit weed 3 years ago my life has been pretty miserable. But yeah dude thanking you..

And rex dude. Bat shit crazy hahaha.. I'll see if I can enclose the grow space with some sort of barrier to keep in the heat.

As for every other reply to this thread thank you.

Anyway I was just out in the shed and all 4 seeds have broken through the soil.. The freebie jack herer auto seed in the orange pot is further on than the other 3 white widows. But hallelujah I'm over the moon. Absolutely delighted, ill continue to leave them in the dark until tomorrow (Halloween) and I'll officially turn on the lights. �� What a boost. I was starting to stress as I was thinking how long is it going to take for them to germinate in the soil and especially with the extreme cold outside. I'll tell you what though that halloween rope light surely did what I wanted it to.

A few things today I got a hold of

An electric fan heater
    A roll of roofing vapour barrier ( Has a reflective side to it) it's self adhesive with a bitumen membrane. I'm unsure about using this as maybe someone would know if the bitumen can give of fumes.
    An electronic timer
    A thermometer
    I also got a lumii cfl bulb holder I think it's an e40

I'd tried to upload some pics. But they failed.. Is there a limit to the mb size of uploads.
    There is a 10 post cap you have to reach to post pics and they have to be 2mb or smaller. You shouldn't be far from the posts if you haven't already made it. I had to go into the camera options for my phone to make the smaller pics as Samsung defaults to Imax quad HD on its own. If you can get that easy 100w from Gaz along with the lights you already have you will definitely be ready to flower a plant or two.

With your timer your going to have a bunch of plugs going into it. Make sure your not going over its stated wattage load or it will skip time.

CHEERS

I dont know about the Bitumen but I do know that I have literally spray painted the interior of a bucket, waited 15 minutes and threw plants in it. Probably not the best idea but no one died.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Adi (17-11-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Starcodex Guest

@ Innerself

Cheers dude
    And I hear ya. I'd love an hps
    But without sounding like I know what I'm talking about. In which I don't, ive have done a fair bit of research regarding the high pressure sodiums. Definitely one day but I don't have the funds on this grow. I'd be more than happy if I get a few grams.

One thing that I'm unsure of is how noisy the magnetic ballasts are... I've heard one running before and it hummed like a mini power station. If I could afford it I'd go for the digital ballast. Which I assume is silently run. I don't think the magnetic ones would be suitable for the shed because the shed is a meter away from a public pavement and road. People are walking a meter away from my grow not knowing that there is going to be cannabis plants growing awfully close by. Smell is going to be an issue for me I think and when it's quiet out there which it usually is, I'm going to get extremely paranoid with noisy fans and the like running. I'll be installing some sort of security adjacement to the shed along with a few booby traps lol.

And ahh I see rex dude. I think I'm almost at 10 posts. I'll await that count before I'll post any further pics. What a boost. As for the timer. I think I'm going to head in the direction of a 24/7 light cycle. I think I've read auto's will do fine with this. But I'd like to hear otherwise.. If temps drop with lights out. Then I'd think I'm best leaving it on, I could keep the rope light running when the timer turns off the lights but that gives off an orange glow. I could completely cover it I suppose. I'm worried about a fire hazard then. Maybe in the last week I could go for an 18/6 I don't know. I'll let others like you decide on what's best.

Cheers
    Last edited by Starcodex; 29-10-18 at 10:14 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

BB (30-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Starcodex Guest

I wanted to edit my post again but it's past 8 minutes.

I thought I'd check on my grow before I hit my bed. And I'm buzzing at how much of a difference there is in them since I checked on then earlier this evening. They are starting to look a bit more established. What a boost �� now I thinking should I shine the light now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (30-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Starcodex Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_214906.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	367301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_214915.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	367302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215208.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	367303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215312.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	367304

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-10-18), Gaz (30-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Starcodex Guest

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215228.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	367305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215242.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	367306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215248.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	367307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215253.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	367308

Right that's enough of the excitement. I can't help myself. Happy Halloween 驪

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Bewbuds (17-11-18), C-Rex (30-10-18), Gaz (30-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Macky Guest

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215228.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	367305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215242.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	367306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215248.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	367307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO_20181029_215253.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	367308

Right that's enough of the excitement. I can't help myself. Happy Halloween 驪
    Pop pop! Good luck with the grow mate

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-10-18), Gaz (30-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

@ Innerself

Cheers dude
    And I hear ya. I'd love an hps
    But without sounding like I know what I'm talking about. In which I don't, ive have done a fair bit of research regarding the high pressure sodiums. Definitely one day but I don't have the funds on this grow. I'd be more than happy if I get a few grams.

One thing that I'm unsure of is how noisy the magnetic ballasts are... I've heard one running before and it hummed like a mini power station. If I could afford it I'd go for the digital ballast. Which I assume is silently run. I don't think the magnetic ones would be suitable for the shed because the shed is a meter away from a public pavement and road. People are walking a meter away from my grow not knowing that there is going to be cannabis plants growing awfully close by. Smell is going to be an issue for me I think and when it's quiet out there which it usually is, I'm going to get extremely paranoid with noisy fans and the like running. I'll be installing some sort of security adjacement to the shed along with a few booby traps lol.

And ahh I see rex dude. I think I'm almost at 10 posts. I'll await that count before I'll post any further pics. What a boost. As for the timer. I think I'm going to head in the direction of a 24/7 light cycle. I think I've read auto's will do fine with this. But I'd like to hear otherwise.. If temps drop with lights out. Then I'd think I'm best leaving it on, I could keep the rope light running when the timer turns off the lights but that gives off an orange glow. I could completely cover it I suppose. I'm worried about a fire hazard then. Maybe in the last week I could go for an 18/6 I don't know. I'll let others like you decide on what's best.

Cheers
    24/0 light cycle is fine mate

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (30-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast