Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 1st time growing from seed need help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    Hey brother, fantastic to see you got that led light. This is just from what Ive learned on the interwebs so grab your salt shaker!

Just from looking at the pics I think you have something like a China 300w 5w job which pulls around 125w. Thats a cool deal but it will light a 2x2 fairly well and is more than enough by itself.

Im not willing to do the math but I would bet that it puts out so much light per square inch that, if hung from above, would be more efficient than the amount of space your other lights need. I would suggest you pull all of those other lights out and hang your led above your grow area.

Still have your salt? Here we go. I ain't going to say you cant hang that light in that space and grow but your plants will be beat to hell by it. Without getting nerdy LED light, especially blurple, is heavy. You really need to be able to maintain at least 12 inches of space between your light and the canopy of your plant. Without it your plant will have short internodal spacing, stubby leaf growth and other such crappyness.

Now yes there are ways to fiddle with the gigawatts and cram that light in that space but your growing in a dishwasher and Im growing in plastic bins so lets not pretend we are going to do that shit right now. You need to find height my friend.
    thanks for the advice! Yeah i just got a new tent set up a few days ago and it is awsome! I got it at thrift store for 10 bucks! I dont think they knew what it was haha. But after moving plants and the 3 40w cfls and 150 w led hung above it seemed to bleach the plants. But i wasnt sure if it was because the led or if it was because after i flushed them i put them straight under the light. I nned your advice. Also their was a little clawing too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justintimeshepard For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (20-11-18), GEORGE (21-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Quote Originally Posted by justintimeshepard View Post
    thanks for the advice! Yeah i just got a new tent set up a few days ago and it is awsome! I got it at thrift store for 10 bucks! I dont think they knew what it was haha. But after moving plants and the 3 40w cfls and 150 w led hung above it seemed to bleach the plants. But i wasnt sure if it was because the led or if it was because after i flushed them i put them straight under the light. I nned your advice. Also their was a little clawing too.
    I love thrift shops and antique stores. You can rob those places blind if you have just a little bit of knowledge. Congratulations!

Post some pics of your new space and plants. I doubt the light is causing bleaching but need to see it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-11-18), GEORGE (21-11-18), justintimeshepard (05-12-18)

Thanks

what are you using for the LST you have going on? It looks awsome and not like its stressing the plant too much

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justintimeshepard For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (05-12-18), Gaz (05-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18)

Thanks

what are you using for the LST you have going on? It looks awsome and not like its stressing the plant too much
    O plastic roll ties and plastic wrapped tie downs. Ill take some pics later of um but both are on Amazon for cheap.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (05-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18), justintimeshepard (07-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    O plastic roll ties and plastic wrapped tie downs. Ill take some pics later of um but both are on Amazon for cheap.
    yeah right now im just using some chopsticks split in half to hold mine down its pretty ghetto but its what I had on hand. I also like the simple tape the leaf down the sides of the pot idea but then again idk if I want to risk killing leaves by taping them

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justintimeshepard For This Useful Post:

Gaz (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Thanks

and to go back to this quote I ended up keeping all three CFL lamps and arranged it so the 300w LED is over head about 12-14 inch above canopy and the the the 3 lamps all around so it will penetrate the bottom canopy and let me tell you, it has turned out so freaking well! its definitely passing all my expectations. Way better than my last grow where I tried just using the led by itself, il get a pic up soon so you can see!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justintimeshepard For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (07-12-18), Gaz (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18)

Thanks

I prefer the larger ties but the little ones work well for tying colas to support sticks.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-12-18), justintimeshepard (09-12-18)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5