Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding Humidity And Ventilation

Thanks

Default Question Regarding Humidity And Ventilation

Hi all,

I'm having issues with increasing humidity and decreasing temperature in my grow room. I have a small 2m x 1.5m x 2m grow room with brick walls and bare concrete floor and concrete slab ceiling. I'm happy with how I've sealed everything off and installed the ventilation fans and I have done the calculations to make sure that I'm exchanging the recommended amount of air.

I am struggling with increasing the humidity in my room. It maxes out at 30% and min is 14% throughout the day/night. I have a humidifier in there on full blast but quite frankly it hasn't even made a dent. It's quite a powerful one and actually ends up drenching itself in condensation and leaves a small pool of water underneath it. I know it's not good practice, but like I said, it hasn't made a DENT in the humidity levels.
    The one thing I can't wrap my head around though, is: how am I suppose to keep humidity levels up if I am exchanging the volume of the room in air once every minute (from my research, replacing all the air in your room every minute is the recommended practice).

I can't help but feeling I'm missing something here and it's getting increasingly frustrating watching my newly hatched babies suffering from both humidity and heat stress.

If anyone has ANY ideas, regardless of how irrelevant or silly you may think they are, it's welcome.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

G' (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), MonsterEnergy (28-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Default Question Regarding Humidity And Ventilation

Is it possible to humidify the air you are drawing in. My tent is in a 3m-3m tent i run my humidifier in it and all air is drawn in at the proper rh. 14 is bloody low. I am guessing that the concrete-brick is drawing the moisture into it. You might want to use rigid foam to line the concrete- brick in hopes of helping.

I would reduce ventilation if your plants are small they wont need much.until you deal with rh

Home built rdwc, root farms 2 part feed!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D171166

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

begone_thought (29-10-18), Dizzydave (28-10-18), G' (29-10-18), Gaz (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), MonsterEnergy (28-10-18), Valentina (30-10-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

using a humidity dome will help, depending on how old they are and there size
    low rh is a problem is veg/cloning only but come flower that extra low rH will give you the perfect buds

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

G' (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18), Silkadin (29-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,671 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 420Rancher View Post
    Is it possible to humidify the air you are drawing in. My tent is in a 3m-3m tent i run my humidifier in it and all air is drawn in at the proper rh. 14 is bloody low. I am guessing that the concrete-brick is drawing the moisture into it. You might want to use rigid foam to line the concrete- brick in hopes of helping.

I would reduce ventilation if your plants are small they wont need much.until you deal with rh

Home built rdwc, root farms 2 part feed!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D171166
    I was thinking the exact same Have you sealed the walls with anything paint or pva etc?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dizzydave For This Useful Post:

begone_thought (29-10-18), G' (29-10-18), Gaz (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks

Here are some photos that should give some more information on my setup.
    The walls are painted with a plain, bright, mould-resistant paint but not sealed in any way.
    The shiny material is roofing insulation that is my attempt-in-progress to try remedy the potential problem of moisture getting sucked into the walls and/or the bare concrete floor. At the moment it hasn't made a difference.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

G' (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks

I could definitely make a plan to humidity the air being drawn in to the room but how would that be any different/better than having a humidifier directly in the room?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

How do brother i would try and insulate those walls mate they gonna be real cold in the winter months, i didn't use my extraction fan until my girls were in full flower and starting to smell a little, i have a groom built in my concrete garage and lined it with this, Ebay number 20167501524 great stuff i stapled mine onto my walls, ceilings and floor but you could use something like spray on carpet glue for your walls, all the best bro' G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

begone_thought (29-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    How do brother i would try and insulate those walls mate they gonna be real cold in the winter months, i didn't use my extraction fan until my girls were in full flower and starting to smell a little, i have a groom built in my concrete garage and lined it with this, Ebay number 20167501524 great stuff i stapled mine onto my walls, ceilings and floor but you could use something like spray on carpet glue for your walls, all the best bro' G'.
    Hey man thanks for the reply. At the moment if I were to turn the fans off, the heat would be way too much. As it is, with it being summer, the temp peaks at 30celcius every day. It's a bit of a pickle that I'm in. Need humidity but need airflow to reduce temps which ends up dropping the humidity. But the temps are still too high either way 🤣

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

G' (30-10-18), GEORGE (30-10-18)

Thanks

Also those babies are 4 weeks old. Incredibly stunted I'm assuming because of the low humidity and high temps. They're a bit yellow too but it's mainly because I've been over watering and the soil doesn't drain ideally.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to begone_thought For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I use domes for the 1st couple weeks which helps a lot.
    Where is your intake getting air from? Just wondering if its worth in taking passively as you mentioned it's summer where you are so indoor air might be cooler? Wondering if the high temps are drying out the air.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast