Thread: New to RDWC seedlings drooping

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default New to RDWC seedlings drooping

Hello all just switched from coco to RDWC.

The seedlings are about 3 weeks old from seed started in rockwool. I had them in an areoponics unit and just put them in a RDWC a few days ago. They just look sad and droopy growth has stopped.

Feeding at 1.00 ec, PH 6, nutrient temp 18c, room temp 22c still in small 2" netpots with clay balls. roots about 3" - 6" long 1/4 inch above nutrient level. plenty air from micro bubble air stones.

They look over watered but not sure what to do. The RDWC I have made is just for seedlings they will be transplanted into larger net pots and a larger RDWC setup when they are bigger.

I am running silver Bullet. Some of the roots are slightly light brown but mostly white. Nutrient temperature has always been steady 18c. I have removed the foam collars and topped with more clay pebbles.

Any help would be appreciated.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-18), redisiel (29-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Is that 1.0 after background ec? If so it sounds high for my liking, and I didn’t see a humidity number how’s that?
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-18), toblue (29-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Hello Redz lad.

My tap water is zero - 0.2, so 1.00 ec is almost all nutes or around 0.8 I know it is a bit high but plants look lime green with no burn. I have no idea what the humidity is will check it tomorrow but can't see it being to far away. I don't understand why the roots are discoloured, no smell or slime. I thought it may be the rockwool holding water but the roots are well grown now.

I have been getting rust spots on the leaves.

Is 1/4 - 1/2 inch from nutrient level to bottom of net pot enough?
    Last edited by toblue; 29-10-18 at 09:16 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-18)