Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rhino Extractor Hum

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

I got one like this works ok just turn and listen lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (05-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18), Kurdt (04-11-18)

Thanks

SMSCOM Hybrid fan controller is what you want mate, picked mine up 2nd hand from EBay for about £100.
    Aye it's a touch pricey but it is the absolute shits, literally set it and forget about it, fans are crazy quiet even at low speeds.
    Let's get it on!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18), RedneckOz (18-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    SMSCOM Hybrid fan controller is what you want mate, picked mine up 2nd hand from EBay for about £100.
    Aye it's a touch pricey but it is the absolute shits, literally set it and forget about it, fans are crazy quiet even at low speeds.
    So even if the extractor is really loud, the fan controller will lower the sound? Becasue the fan i bought yesterday sounds like a Chinook taking off next to my head...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18), UpT0wn (06-11-18), WhIpLaSh (06-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    So even if the extractor is really loud, the fan controller will lower the sound? Becasue the fan i bought yesterday sounds like a Chinook taking off next to my head...
    Lol, it's loud even without a controller?
    It will naturally get quieter at slower speeds with a Hybrid but if it's noisy at 100% then maybe there's a fault with the fan or summat. What the hybrid does is lowers the speed of the fan without making that awful racket you get from cheaper, digital controllers. AFAIK digital controllers kind of chop up the output voltage to the fan, this is what can make them noisy and also isn't healthy for the fan. Hybrid or variac controllers reduce the voltage to the fan without all that chopping up stuff gong on.
    I sound like I know what I'm talking about but I'm just a Google whore really

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18), lipnobody (06-11-18), Silkadin (06-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

I feel its hit or miss with the cheaper fan controllers. Everyone I have tried has caused a hum. Now some people get lucky and they seem compatible. Worth a shot for the tenner the cheap ones no doubt

I brought a control freaks controller (about 50 quid). Its no use to me whatsoever since the hum is louder than the fan on 100%.

Regret the purchase and wish i would of picked up a varaic controller or a sms hybrid.
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18), Priapus (06-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Lol, it's loud even without a controller?
    It will naturally get quieter at slower speeds with a Hybrid but if it's noisy at 100% then maybe there's a fault with the fan or summat. What the hybrid does is lowers the speed of the fan without making that awful racket you get from cheaper, digital controllers. AFAIK digital controllers kind of chop up the output voltage to the fan, this is what can make them noisy and also isn't healthy for the fan. Hybrid or variac controllers reduce the voltage to the fan without all that chopping up stuff gong on.
    I sound like I know what I'm talking about but I'm just a Google whore really
    Yes its definitely noisy without a controller. It has 2 speeds and even on the lowest its too noisy to be able to watch TV in the same room as it. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner on low power...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Rhino twin speed controller cannot be used in conjunction with a fan controller.

It will blow up. Mine did and I know many more who had the same problem.

Even the rhino controller will not work.

I promise you it will cause you problems.

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (06-11-18), gardro (06-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18), Priapus (06-11-18), Silkadin (22-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Priapus View Post
    Yes its definitely noisy without a controller. It has 2 speeds and even on the lowest its too noisy to be able to watch TV in the same room as it. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner on low power...
    How long have you had it mate? See if you can exchange it for the high powered rhino L1. My twin speed Rhino fan worked with the rhino controller for 36 hours. It blew the channel for the exhaust on the rhino controller and the fan gave up.

I didn't realise the controller had blown up until I replaced my fan. (The intake channel still worked fine and the lights worked as normal)

The new twin speed fan was delivered, I plugged it straight in and it didn't work! I then swapped the channel on the controller to intake and it worked for 5 mins and guess what? BANG!!!!

I phoned Hydroponics4less where I purchased both the fan and controller from. I explained what I was trying to do and they told me it wouldn't work. Because they sold them both to me at the same time I put it on them and they replaced my A1 for an L1 and sent me a new controller.

Good customer service in the end but I will never buy a twin speed fan again.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (06-11-18), gardro (06-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    How long have you had it mate? See if you can exchange it for the high powered rhino L1. My twin speed Rhino fan worked with the rhino controller for 36 hours. It blew the channel for the exhaust on the rhino controller and the fan gave up.

I didn't realise the controller had blown up until I replaced my fan. (The intake channel still worked fine and the lights worked as normal)

The new twin speed fan was delivered, I plugged it straight in and it didn't work! I then swapped the channel on the controller to intake and it worked for 5 mins and guess what? BANG!!!!

I phoned Hydroponics4less where I purchased both the fan and controller from. I explained what I was trying to do and they told me it wouldn't work. Because they sold them both to me at the same time I put it on them and they replaced my A1 for an L1 and sent me a new controller.

Good customer service in the end but I will never buy a twin speed fan again.

Ive had it for 18 hours.. Sorry for hijacking this thread a little No sense in opening a new one to ask the same questions

Its this one

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

AND (06-11-18), gardro (06-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times
    Provided Answers: 29

Problem is with 2 speed fans is that they already have a 'controller' of sorts built in to give you the 2 speeds. A seperate controller would vary the mains voltage and anything past 50% into the slower speed side of things would cause issues with that built in controller.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

gardro (06-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18), Ironman (06-11-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast