Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Underwatered plants failing to recover

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JanoBrana View Post
    The thing is, I am not growing autos.
    I know, that's why I said I was the wrong person to ask!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

UpT0wn (04-11-18)

Macky Guest

The medium is the problem, plagron bat mix is shit, I’ve tried it recently, shit, absolute shit lol

Tropic batmix is what you want mate.

Also, you growing organic I assume using this medium? You shouldn’t be getting run off. You want to keep the medium moist. Let the top inch dry out, but then water them. If they dry out, the bacteria dies, and that’s what you need to make sure your plants food is getting broken down.

I’d say, transplant them into bigger pots, get rid of the pebbles, and get them into tropic bat mix. Then also get some “ ecothrive biosys microbe tea” and add that to your medium, and water the new medium until it’s nice and wet, but no run off.

They’ll look better within a week if you do this mate, it’ll fix the issues.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

BB (04-11-18), CityDweller (05-11-18), lipnobody (04-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,219 Times

that has been my question too so I tried less water one week and as a result it has been underwatered badly. Now it shows signs of overwating, but the pot dries out within 40hrs so I dont know. Also it might be that the low humidity is the reason why the pot dries so fast. I really dont know how to keep the humidity high. If I lower ventilation the temperature rises. If ventilation is high, the humidity is extremly low.

Can i go straigt into the final pots from these ? - the final are around 12 litres (2,5 gal) or use intermediate ? I have square 18*18*15 pots that could be used as intermediate.

THanks guys
    If you have a bit of spare cash you can get a really good humidifier on amazon for £30. Pro breeze 3.8l

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kudos For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (05-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    The medium is the problem, plagron bat mix is shit, I’ve tried it recently, shit, absolute shit lol

Also, you growing organic I assume using this medium? You shouldn’t be getting run off. You want to keep the medium moist. Let the top inch dry out, but then water them. If they dry out, the bacteria dies, and that’s what you need to make sure your plants food is getting broken down.

I’d say, transplant them into bigger pots, get rid of the pebbles, and get them into tropic bat mix. Then also get some “ ecothrive biosys microbe tea” and add that to your medium, and water the new medium until it’s nice and wet, but no run off.

any other recomendations for soil? the one you mention might be difficult to botain.
    I was thinking aout buying something like plagron grow mix for this transplat and then put it into something for flower.
    I also have some bat guano on the side so I might be able to mix it in but does it make sense for grow phase ?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanoBrana For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (05-11-18)

Macky Guest

any other recomendations for soil? the one you mention might be difficult to botain.
    I was thinking aout buying something like plagron grow mix for this transplat and then put it into something for flower.
    I also have some bat guano on the side so I might be able to mix it in but does it make sense for grow phase ?
    B n Q verve is good, easy to get, and cheap

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (05-11-18), UpT0wn (04-11-18)

Thanks

B n Q verve is good, easy to get, and cheap
    BioBizz, Atami, Guanokalong, Canna ?? What about these brands ?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JanoBrana For This Useful Post:

BB (04-11-18), CityDweller (05-11-18)

Macky Guest

Not bio bizz lol, canna is what I’d choose out of that list

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (05-11-18)

Thanks

Not bio bizz lol, canna is what I’d choose out of that list
    B&Q and Verve are 2 different brands ? I did not really find much about them.
    What about going to a local gardening centre and just buying something they sell ? What should I look at there ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

I’m currently using tropic batmix and I’m surprised by it till now 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (05-11-18), Gaz (04-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Trust.B&Q verve will suffice 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (05-11-18), Gaz (04-11-18), UpT0wn (04-11-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast