Thread: electricity monitor

Popeye1st Guest

Default electricity monitor

hi has anyone used the plug in electricity monitor?
    i have set up with a mate and i think he's doing a number on me. wwe have 4 plants with 2 lights intake outtake osalating fan. the watts for this stuff is 1335w so I've worked it out for 12h flower pariod and its not adding up. if there kilowatt hour is 14.69 pence minus the fans because there on 24/7 so for the lights 1200w it would work out at £2.11 for 12 hours on and for the fans it would be 47p a day for 7 days = £3.29.
    so £14.77 + 3.29 = 18.06 thats that out the way sorry if its confusing
    so i give him £20 each week he's supposed to go halfs. but he says its using over £3 a day but i think he's pocketing some of the money instead of putting it on the electricity meter.
    so im thinking of getting one of them plug in metre monitors do they work? cheers for any info

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Popeye1st For This Useful Post:

AND (05-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18), Ironman (05-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye1st View Post
    hi has anyone used the plug in electricity monitor?
    i have set up with a mate and i think he's doing a number on me. wwe have 4 plants with 2 lights intake outtake osalating fan. the watts for this stuff is 1335w so I've worked it out for 12h flower pariod and its not adding up. if there kilowatt hour is 14.69 pence minus the fans because there on 24/7 so for the lights 1200w it would work out at £2.11 for 12 hours on and for the fans it would be 47p a day for 7 days = £3.29.
    so £14.77 + 3.29 = 18.06 thats that out the way sorry if its confusing
    so i give him £20 each week he's supposed to go halfs. but he says its using over £3 a day but i think he's pocketing some of the money instead of putting it on the electricity meter.
    so im thinking of getting one of them plug in metre monitors do they work? cheers for any info
    Yeah they work. I have a simple, digital watt meter off eBay. Cost £15. You can put your price per kwh in and it works out a daily or weekly cost.

Is it a key meter? Maybe he has previous debts and the electric company are taking percentage of his credit?

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (05-11-18), GEORGE (06-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Same as above, mines a British Gas one though...freebie

My groom uses £5.31 a day @ 16.9per Kwh with 1230w of light (630w 12/12, 600w 20/4) 1kw heater (11 hrs), a 6" & a 5" RVK plus controllers, internal fans etc.

If I was to buy my weed instead, it would cost me about £40 a day so I figure its all good

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18)

Popeye1st Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Yeah they work. I have a simple, digital watt meter off eBay. Cost £15. You can put your price per kwh in and it works out a daily or weekly cost.

Is it a key meter? Maybe he has previous debts and the electric company are taking percentage of his credit?

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒
    thanks for replying ill have a look and get one. and i dont think their in dept

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Popeye1st For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Look up a Sonoff Pow R2

Can do upto 16A

Can turn off and on remotely and connect to Alexa of you really like

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-18), Valentina (08-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

It could be that he is (no pun intended) charging you more money but the first thing that came to mind is that I am just curious to know if you want evidence to pull him up on it, and if you had proof, how would you tell him? This could get really delicate fast.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-18)