Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: Thrips in flower

  1. #41

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 39 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Like you say though it feels wrong.
    But I suppose once you do it once you never look back.
    Might try it with a couple branches first, see the difference.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Superf1y For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), G' (14-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), Macky (07-11-18)

  3. #42

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    8,433
    Thanks
    9,613
    Thanked 24,336 Times in 7,383 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superf1y View Post
    Like you say though it feels wrong.
    But I suppose once you do it once you never look back.
    Might try it with a couple branches first, see the difference.
    Iím going to, just make sure theyíre dry before hanging it rains outdoors man, wonít do any harm



    ďYou're not to blame, you're just a human, a victim of the insane.Ē
    John Lennon

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), G' (14-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), lipnobody (07-11-18), WF420 (07-11-18)

  5. #43

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,981
    Thanks
    36,967
    Thanked 34,678 Times in 11,195 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I have always been hesitant, never done it, but always wanted to. Everywhere I have read about washing, all there is, is people saying ď once youíve smoked washed buds, youíll never go backĒ. I need to do it! But harvest time is a pain in the arse anyway lol.

    Redisiel recommends doing this, and thatís good enough for me. He swears by it, and he knows his shit!
    Never heard of washed buds !!

    Imho it would wash out all the terps and natural oils . Us true organic folk have the best tasting buds you can imagine . No flushes no b.s period . Havin to wash buds seems rediculous

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), Macky (07-11-18), WF420 (07-11-18)

  7. #44

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    8,433
    Thanks
    9,613
    Thanked 24,336 Times in 7,383 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Never heard of washed buds !!

    Imho it would wash out all the terps and natural oils . Us true organic folk have the best tasting buds you can imagine . No flushes no b.s period . Havin to wash buds seems rediculous

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Red is fully organic too. He has a post on it some where. Explains it better than I can

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), WF420 (07-11-18)

  9. #45

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks
    2,415
    Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,433 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Iím going to, just make sure theyíre dry before hanging it rains outdoors man, wonít do any harm
    Spoke to redz about this in dam mate, he said after the wash just hold it over the final bucket until it stops dripping and youre good to go with the hanging

    Not only will it get rid of any pests if youre unfortunate enough to get them but also any dust particles etc!

    Plus im with you, if its good in redz eyes its gotta be good... that man seriously knows his shit! 😂

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), Macky (07-11-18), Superf1y (08-11-18)

  11. #46

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    8,433
    Thanks
    9,613
    Thanked 24,336 Times in 7,383 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Spoke to redz about this in dam mate, he said after the wash just hold it over the final bucket until it stops dripping and youre good to go with the hanging

    Not only will it get rid of any pests if youre unfortunate enough to get them but also any dust particles etc!

    Plus im with you, if its good in redz eyes its gotta be good... that man seriously knows his shit! 😂
    Mon the red!! Lol. He has offered me so much advice, months ago! Iím still researching everything lol. Reading the books heís has recommended. Watching videos he recommends. I really really like his all natural growing style man. I might be ready to go living soil after Christmas and new year is out the way, I canít wait

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), lipnobody (07-11-18), WF420 (07-11-18)

  13. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Right under your nose
    Posts
    348
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 965 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned but i noticed your RH was at 70% in week 5? seems quite high to me that mate, I cant help with the thrips though im afraid hope you manage to get sorted though!

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

    AND (08-11-18), CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), Macky (07-11-18), Superf1y (08-11-18)

  15. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks
    2,415
    Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,433 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Mon the red!! Lol. He has offered me so much advice, months ago! Iím still researching everything lol. Reading the books heís has recommended. Watching videos he recommends. I really really like his all natural growing style man. I might be ready to go living soil after Christmas and new year is out the way, I canít wait
    Im on with teaming with nutrients and have a list as long as my arm of podcasts to listen to when i get round to it!

    Thinkin about it ima start putting them on on the way to and from work 👍

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), Macky (07-11-18)

  17. #49

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    8,433
    Thanks
    9,613
    Thanked 24,336 Times in 7,383 Posts

    Default Thrips in flower

    Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Im on with teaming with nutrients and have a list as long as my arm of podcasts to listen to when i get round to it!

    Thinkin about it ima start putting them on on the way to and from work 👍
    And bed time, on repeat, when ever you can listen listen, over and over again mate, there so much youíll miss whilst driving or sleeping. Always good to re listen

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18), WF420 (08-11-18)

  19. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 39 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    I know it's a bit high. I blame the temp co troller. If removed it now and it's down to 60.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superf1y For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18)

  21. #51

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks
    2,415
    Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,433 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superf1y View Post
    I know it's a bit high. I blame the temp co troller. If removed it now and it's down to 60.
    You need to get it down toward 40 mate or youre at risk of rot 😕 could you get a dehumidifier?

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

    AND (08-11-18), CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (08-11-18)

  23. #52

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 39 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    You need to get it down toward 40 mate or youre at risk of rot �� could you get a dehumidifier?

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I managed to get it down to the 40's.
    No sign of any new beasties as well. Happy days

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Superf1y For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (11-11-18), WF420 (13-11-18)

  25. #53

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks
    2,415
    Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,433 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superf1y View Post
    I managed to get it down to the 40's.
    No sign of any new beasties as well. Happy days
    Just seen this mate, glad to hear it 👍👍

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (13-11-18), Superf1y (14-11-18)

  27. #54

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,549
    Thanks
    16,173
    Thanked 8,377 Times in 2,497 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superf1y View Post
    Like you say though it feels wrong.
    But I suppose once you do it once you never look back.
    Might try it with a couple branches first, see the difference.
    Even if you hate washed buds it is better than smoking dead bugs and bug shit.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (14-11-18)

  29. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,549
    Thanks
    16,173
    Thanked 8,377 Times in 2,497 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Never heard of washed buds !!

    Imho it would wash out all the terps and natural oils . Us true organic folk have the best tasting buds you can imagine . No flushes no b.s period . Havin to wash buds seems rediculous

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I have washed buds before to clean off pests. or once i allowed dust into the flower room. Better to wash than smoke crap. There are videos all over showing how to do it properly. The terpines and trichomes stay on the bud. I did not experience any loss to potency.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (14-11-18)

  31. #56

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,981
    Thanks
    36,967
    Thanked 34,678 Times in 11,195 Posts

    Default

    Ahh ok washed buds in the case of pests haha ok i get yall now .

    I thought yall keant as a curin process lol



    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-11-18), hotshot (14-11-18), lipnobody (15-11-18)

  33. #57

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,549
    Thanks
    16,173
    Thanked 8,377 Times in 2,497 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ahh ok washed buds in the case of pests haha ok i get yall now .

    I thought yall keant as a curin process lol



    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I tried water cure once. Horrible

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (14-11-18)

  35. #58

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 39 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ahh ok washed buds in the case of pests haha ok i get yall now .

    I thought yall keant as a curin process lol



    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Yes I'm looking into it because of the thrips.
    After looking into it, seems some folk do it as they say it makes the smoke better.
    Looking forward to trying it and comparing the difference.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Superf1y For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (14-11-18)

  37. #59

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,355
    Thanks
    5,344
    Thanked 10,746 Times in 3,341 Posts

    Default

    Pyrethrum 5ec knocks um on their ass


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

    Farmshop (14-11-18), hotshot (14-11-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quebec Cannabis Seeds

Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     Buy Cannabis Seeds     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK