Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brown (dying) curling leaves in flower stage - Please help

Thanks

Default Brown (dying) curling leaves in flower stage - Please help

Hi All,

I hop you can assist? For the past few days, I noticed one out of the six I have in flowering stage has developed rusty coloured leaves and now they are drying and curling-up. This is my first grow and therefore I am a little worried, especially as the buds have appeared.

I had a similar problem in vegging stage but it seemed to cure itself after I had changed the nutes. I am due to change tomorrow but am worried it may come back and I need to understand if it is a deficiency of some kind. I originally thought it might be a phosphorous problem but them it could be magnesium. I am pretty sure it is not the lights.

Feeding is a bit of a minefield. It was suggested that as I use a RUSH R-DWC system, I should be careful with the nutes. I have therefore kept them to 1/3rd strength for the Canna Aqua Flores but am a little unsure about the other additives such as Cannazym, Rhizotonic and Canna Boost. Should I add these at a reduced strength?

I have to say, both EC and ph have always been stable, most recently 1.1 and 5.7. I am going to up the EC a little as I am nearly half-way through flowering and will also add PK12/13 into my next feed.

I will add some pics.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

TECHY BITS
    Soil or hydro or coco: RUSH R-DWC system - 6 pot

Strain: White widow

Photo or Auto: Photo

plant age:

pot size: 40ltr

has it been repotted? and when?: No

soil type: Hydro

nutes or additives used and how often for soil: All Canna branded products with the addition of Silver Bullet

Air temps (max min): 25C

Res temps (max min): 20C

humidity: 60%

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): CDM (4 x 315watt)

Light schedule: 12/12

ph level: stable at 5.7

EC (hydro and coco only) 1.1

Background EC. 0.4

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco): As per Canna grow guide although on advice, I use about 1/3rd ratios. Part of my confusion is that using Canna Aqua Flores at 1/3rd strength, should I also be using Rhizotonic, Cannazym and Canna Boost at the same strength or at the prescribed ratio?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

AND (08-11-18), CityDweller (07-11-18), GEORGE (11-11-18)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

From my experience of white widow, she doesn’t like to eat as much as other strains. Do you have different strains running and feeding from the same res?

A flush would do her well I think, and re feed at a light ec, drop it to half what it is now, and increase 0.2 every few days as long as there is no sign of burn.

I think here, you’ve fed her too much, and she has lock out.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (08-11-18), CityDweller (07-11-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Priapus (08-11-18)

Thanks

Here im no pro but if your using 1/3 of the base nutes same should apply for the additives. Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canna-hydro-feed-chart_4.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	367629  

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazmeds30 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks so much for the advise.

I do have a different strain in there as I originally ordered a 4 pot system and they sent 6, so I thought I would pop a couple CBD seeds in.

I am due to change the nutes tomorrow and will lower the feed and flush before the changeover.

Thanks again.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I only went to about half strength on the additives but will drop them down to the same ratios.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Yeah in hydro or any automated feed system . Its best to have the same strain as feeding can become a disasterous nightmare .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

AND (08-11-18), GEORGE (11-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Yeah in hydro or any automated feed system . Its best to have the same strain as feeding can become a disasterous nightmare .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Especially adding white widow to the mix. That is the only strain I’ve ever had trouble with when it comes to feeding. She just ain’t greedy lol. Less is more with the widow

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (08-11-18), GEORGE (11-11-18), Priapus (08-11-18), Trex (08-11-18)

Thanks

Good advice and I guess the good thing is it will cost me less in nutes!! Thanks

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowellingBloke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Especially adding white widow to the mix. That is the only strain I’ve ever had trouble with when it comes to feeding. She just ain’t greedy lol. Less is more with the widow
    Same with my last grow. Auto Brooklyn Sunrise. Very very sensitive to over feeding. I never went above half strength nutes

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast