Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking Nutrients With Blue

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Don’t know if I like the idea of not controlling grow n bloom individually 🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Give it a go and lets us know your thoughts mate. I look forward to the comparison

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

BB (17-11-18), Gaz (17-11-18), GEORGE (17-11-18), ToughCall (24-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Epsom and calmag products are best uptaken through the stomata on the leafs. Its a much faster method of getting the traces into the plant. Epsom salts are as the name would suggest salts and heavy salts are best left out of the rootzone if possible.

Stick to the folier spraying. I’d only use it via feed as a last resort to correct a deficiency.
    Ok thanks il avoid using in flower if i can.

Iv ordered some of this raw omina. When can i start using it and when do you stop using? I cant seem to find that online

Thanks for taking the time to wb.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Blue (17-11-18), Gaz (17-11-18), GEORGE (17-11-18), ToughCall (24-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grower1988 View Post
    Ok thanks il avoid using in flower if i can.

Iv ordered some of this raw omina. When can i start using it and when do you stop using? I cant seem to find that online

Thanks for taking the time to wb

Use it at 1/8 tsp per 4 litres of water. If theres seedlings start with it around week 2, for clones you can start from day 1.

One or two doses per week will be ample

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Gaz (17-11-18), GEORGE (17-11-18), Grower88 (17-11-18), ToughCall (24-04-22)

Thanks

Use it at 1/8 tsp per 4 litres of water. If theres seedlings start with it around week 2, for clones you can start from day 1.

One or two doses per week will be ample
    Cheers for ya help blue cant wait to see the diffrence with it. Im glad you say use once twice a week i was gonna use in every feed lol.

Gonna use now along side my new mix

Veg
    Ferro a and b
    Big buddhas tree silicon
    Flower burst

Flower.
    Ferro a and b
    Buddhas silicon
    Cann pk13
    Overdrive

Thanks!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Can i use raw omina at a lower dose in everyday feed. As il have a drip system would be easier if i could add it in the res with my nutes.

Failing that i could just add some when the res is low 🤔

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grower1988 View Post
    Can i use raw omina at a lower dose in everyday feed. As il have a drip system would be easier if i could add it in the res with my nutes.

Failing that i could just add some when the res is low 樂

You can use it everyday but you may need to tailor your base nutrients to suit or like you say lower the dosage further. The omina is nitrogen derived so it does raise the Ec slightly, not much at 1/8 tsp as it’s low dose but it’s enough to cause problems if you happen to be using excessive base nutrients.

You'll be pleased to know the omina will work well with your system. Preventing any hard water limescale build up in your res and drippers

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Gaz (17-11-18), GEORGE (17-11-18), Grower88 (17-11-18), ToughCall (24-04-22)

Thanks

You can use it everyday but you may need to tailor your base nutrients to suit or like you say lower the dosage further. The omina is nitrogen derived so it does raise the Ec slightly, not much at 1/8 tsp as it’s low dose but it’s enough to cause problems if you happen to be using excessive base nutrients.

You'll be pleased to know the omina will work well with your system. Preventing any hard water limescale build up in your res and drippers
    Ok thanks for that. Thats helped alot!
    Think il stick with what you recommend and just use once a week for now.

My nutes are already tailer made to my water so wouldn't want to lower my bass to much if i can help it.
    Failing that il give it a try in every feed and make sure the omina dont raise the ec by more then 0.1 as a start. Cheers mate

Last edited by Grower88; 17-11-18 at 01:12 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Hello toblue

The plan sounds ok, if it wasn’t a microbe additive I’d suggest something like run clean from Dutch pro to run alongside this as it’s plant friendly and keeps the system clear. However it’s no good matched with a microbe product unfortunately.

I can only suggest you give the microbe life a try and see how it goes. But report back and let us know as it’s always been my understanding microbes, synthetics and phosphoric acids ie ph adjustment don’t work very well together, not quite like they do in soil.

Many thanks Blue
    I will let you know how it pans out. I mainly go easy on the silicon when I first make up my solution so I can PH up with it at the end if I am a bit to heavy handed with the PH down. I am considering using potassium bicarbonate as an alternative slightly more natural PH down but not sure how stable it would be, do you have any experience using this? I'm afraid I can't do anything about the synthetic nutes. At my present skill level organic RDWC is not within my ability.

Just another question if I could. I am currently running Growells Shogun Hydro range which from memory you don't rate. Is there any particular reason?
    Last edited by toblue; 17-11-18 at 01:23 PM.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

[QUOTE=toblue;1070869928 I am considering using potassium bicarbonate as an alternative slightly more natural PH down but not sure how stable it would be, do you have any experience using this? [/QUOTE]

Sorry Blue meant to be Citric Acid getting my up and down mixed up

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Many thanks Blue
    I will let you know how it pans out. I mainly go easy on the silicon when I first make up my solution so I can PH up with it at the end if I am a bit to heavy handed with the PH down. I am considering using potassium bicarbonate as an alternative slightly more natural PH down but not sure how stable it would be, do you have any experience using this? I'm afraid I can't do anything about the synthetic nutes. At my present skill level organic RDWC is not within my ability.

Just another question if I could. I am currently running Growells Shogun Hydro range which from memory you don't rate. Is there any particular reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Sorry Blue meant to be Citric Acid getting my up and down mixed up
    Ive no experience using citric acid in hydro, sorry.. But I’d imagine you’d need a hell of a lot of it. It don’t adjust quite like phosphoric acid.

Growell nutes, yes there’s a reason I don’t rate them. It’s not due to the nutes themselves being no good more an issue with how they’ve been developed. I shall drop you a pm

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Gaz (17-11-18), GEORGE (17-11-18), toblue (17-11-18), ToughCall (24-04-22)

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast