Thread: Insulating tents

Thanks

Default Insulating tents

I was reading a closed topic on keeping a grow warm in this lovelly season.

Most were talking of insulating the room/rafters etc. But scuse me for for bore talk - but insulating the room wont reduce costs anyway near to insulating the tent.

You will still be heating the whole room rather than the small special room.

If i did the same i would be heating a room 20x the size of my tent = 20× electric for heater.

I only have an 80w tube heater with built in thermostat, i set it up over a couple of days to get 22/3', plus with thermostat - when lights on heater off or minimal.

Get the tent wrapped nicely especially the top - use cheap loft lagging B&Q usually have it subsidised , lift your pot off of the floor but a thin piece of polystyrene (10mm) and this will stop the ground leaching temp.

My inlet also runs from my shower fan so draws house air rather than cold loft air.

Im not tight just careful, still things to improve though, like how not to snap branches when tying down...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Growingsmall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growingsmall View Post
    I was reading a closed topic on keeping a grow warm in this lovelly season.

Most were talking of insulating the room/rafters etc. But scuse me for for bore talk - but insulating the room wont reduce costs anyway near to insulating the tent.

You will still be heating the whole room rather than the small special room.

If i did the same i would be heating a room 20x the size of my tent = 20× electric for heater.

I only have an 80w tube heater with built in thermostat, i set it up over a couple of days to get 22/3', plus with thermostat - when lights on heater off or minimal.

Get the tent wrapped nicely especially the top - use cheap loft lagging B&Q usually have it subsidised , lift your pot off of the floor but a thin piece of polystyrene (10mm) and this will stop the ground leaching temp.

My inlet also runs from my shower fan so draws house air rather than cold loft air.

Im not tight just careful, still things to improve though, like how not to snap branches when tying down...
    I'm planning on wrapping my tent in 25mm kingspan, should do the trick

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-18)

Thanks

Yep, i keep looking when at the local skip, that stuff is a fortune.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growingsmall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-18), Loki (14-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growingsmall View Post
    Yep, i keep looking when at the local skip, that stuff is a fortune.
    I've pm'ed you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-18), M_C (14-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I'm about to move my small tent into a cabin and enclosed with 25mm celotex and a work bench built all around it. The cabin roof and floor have 50mm insulation and I'm gonna grow autos on 24/0 with 2 big cfls so hoping i wont need a heater

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-18)