Thread: Using LED Cobs

Thanks

Default Using LED Cobs

Its my first grow but before I dipped deep in to my pockets i checked out my fave chinese online shop.

They had loads of grow lights complete and down to plain cobs.

I thought - ive got a soldering iron and a brain so 5 x 50w grow cobs, 5 x 40mm sq heat sinks & 5 x 40mm mini pc type fans later ( plus two weeks delivery ) i had my goody bag on the doorstep.

I actually needed two soldering irons because the cob plate is about 2mm thick and needs good heat.

Nearly blinded myself with just one of them and gave the neighbours a light show, but they work great, also checked the mains draw and they use 49-51w each so happy days.

However being a grow newb I need to learn how to grow shorter, i nipped the top but she keeps growing, will read more for no' 2. As she's burnt well singed her hair.

Ill post pics of the wired cobs, but total for 250w was aaprox £20 plus cable and plugs - oh and timer which i pretended was for the tortoise.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Growingsmall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-11-18), HisHighness (23-01-19), miracle-herb (14-11-18)