Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a dry/cure mentor

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

I cured it for two weeks three weeks no change at all so it must of either been an early harvest or to dry into the jars as this sour diesel I've held back on the chop until I'm 100% sure she's done got a x60 loupe clip onto my phone but it's easier said then done haha

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-18), GEORGE (19-11-18), MonsterEnergy (19-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MRJIMMY2017 View Post
    Nice man maybe I was putting in the jars to late then as they never seem to soften up abit after the jars had been shut for 10/12 hours so I figured they may have been dried to long in tent , gonna give her a final water after checking trichs looked the other day and had cloudy and ambers some looked dark like a spot of blood just abit lighter in colour and then I see a handful of clear going cloudy
    If there is too much moisture left in the bud when it goes into jars, the moisture will spread back through the bud, and have an effect on the terpenes. This is why you’re losing flavour, and smell. As long as the stems are snapping below the buds, it’s good to go into jars. But you have to dry slowly too. Dry too quick, and the chlorophyll won’t break down, and you’ll have a hay tasting harsh smoke.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-11-18), GEORGE (19-11-18), MonsterEnergy (19-11-18), MRJIMMY2017 (19-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    If there is too much moisture left in the bud when it goes into jars, the moisture will spread back through the bud, and have an effect on the terpenes. This is why you’re losing flavour, and smell. As long as the stems are snapping below the buds, it’s good to go into jars. But you have to dry slowly too. Dry too quick, and the chlorophyll won’t break down, and you’ll have a hay tasting harsh smoke.
    I've never had it being to moist mate it's always felt dry dry like my buds last time felt like finished product after two days of being in the jar and ino this is not normal what would you say is a decent rh after 24hours of them being in the jars last harvest they was hanged as a whole plant with just sugar leafs intact and they was put in jars after 24 hours they was at 59/60%

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And they didn't change rh atall during the two weeks if anything got more brittle

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MRJIMMY2017 View Post
    I've never had it being to moist mate it's always felt dry dry like my buds last time felt like finished product after two days of being in the jar and ino this is not normal what would you say is a decent rh after 24hours of them being in the jars last harvest they was hanged as a whole plant with just sugar leafs intact and they was put in jars after 24 hours they was at 59/60%
    They will feel dry on the outside mate, but have plenty of hidden moisture on the inside, this is why you really have to check to see if the stems are snapping. If the bend, or don’t fully snap, there is too much moisture in them.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    They will feel dry on the outside mate, but have plenty of hidden moisture on the inside, this is why you really have to check to see if the stems are snapping. If the bend, or don’t fully snap, there is too much moisture in them.
    Stems snap as in the lower branches of plant ? Not the thicker ones I will upload pics and that all the way thru last watering for her today then will chop Thursday when's best to chop her being on a 20/4 light comes on at 5am and my mates still gonna be asleep

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Haha I will cry if it tastes like earth hay/grass/chlorophyll please lord lol buds smell sweet but not over powerfully can detect the diesel slightly as well

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

u know the buds are attached by a little stem to a larger main branch/stem
    if u grab that bud with tweezers/fingers does that stem snap off or just bend about?

ud wait a month for the main thick stems to fully dry out also those smaller lower buds could probably be jarred up at 4-15 days depending on trimming/size/humidity

a question jimmy how is the smell b4 u chop mate
    didn't i read u wondered why ur girls don't smell or summit

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18), MRJIMMY2017 (19-11-18), M_C (19-11-18)

Thanks

Hi monster can smell them just about nothing overpowering sticky buds not a potent smel more sour smelling

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18), MonsterEnergy (19-11-18), M_C (19-11-18)

Thanks

None of my grows as stank mate as in I can take the sour d out of tent put in another room say to check the trichs and there's not a strong smell apart from on my fingers where I'm holding the stems to get nice shot of trichs

If I put my nose near them they smell sour and carpetish smell similar to last lot

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-11-18), MonsterEnergy (19-11-18)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast