Thread: Fungus gnats, air pots and DE

GreenBalls Guest

Default Fungus gnats, air pots and DE

Hi all,

I have a small case of fungus gnats. I use sticky traps and only ever see one or two flying at a time, but I'm still starting to worry about root damage.

I have bought some diatomaceous earth which I'll use on top of the coco, but my concern is that they have access through the many air pot holes.

The other product I have is organic neem oil.
    My thought so far is add the neem oil to coco with water/feeding, hope thats enough to kill the larvae, and then sprinkle DE at the top.

Is this the best I can do to get rid of the gnats from airpots? I'd prefer to use the products I already have, unless it makes a big difference. I've got some hyd peroxide too.
    Can I have some suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by GreenBalls; 19-11-18 at 03:22 PM.

GreenBalls Guest

Tights around the pots? Really?!
    Well ok, I'll give your suggestion a try, and let you know how it goes.
    Thanks again folks, we should all go for a drink sometime.
    All the best

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Not sure about drenching with neem. Never tried it myself. I would spray the outside of the pot with neem. Use the stocking and spray it with neem. Use the DE on top of the coco. Spay the whole plant with neem but only if in veg. Dont spray flowers. The goal with gnats is to stop the cycle. No need to kill the larvae if they are just a few. If you have a full on infestation then you need to kill the larvae.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I use Redz recipe and not just plain neem. I had a full on infestation that lasted months. All in the past now. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GreenBalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I use Redz recipe and not just plain neem. I had a full on infestation that lasted months. All in the past now. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    Great link/recipe, thanks. I've got a bunch of essential oils waiting to discover their purpose in life!

All the best

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-11-18)