Thread: Herbies free seeds not germinating

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Herbies free seeds not germinating

I have been dealing with Herbies quite a bit lately and can't fault the service or seed selection.

Problem I have is the free seeds (Herbies own) don't seem to germinate.

My usual process is to soak for around 12 -18 hours in shot glass then into paper towel, then into vermiculite seedling pots.

I am not all that bothered as I usually just germ the free seeds as backup (so not growing all these mods!!!) germed 16 seeds of which 7 were Herbies (gorilla Glue and GSC). All of the purchased seeds have so far germed and are in vermiculite, non of the 7 Herbies free seeds even look like its going to happen. Will give the Herbies another few days in the paper towels but they look very doubtful.

From memory same happened last time apart from the free Afghan seeds which did pop.

Anyone else have a problem with them.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-18), MonsterEnergy (20-11-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

definitely sounds very odd especially with the other seeds popping and the seedsman didn't,
    when they were soaked did they split? after the paper towels did they actually have a taproot?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-18)