Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How come there are seeds on a female plant?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Default Answered: How come there are seeds on a female plant?

Right, my little Thai plant was a regular female, I checked her regularly and there were no nanas as far as I could see.

Strangely, she has yielded me not just buds but seeds. 11 seeds so far. Her buds are sufficiently potent so I am not complaining at all, but just what seeds in terms of strains could these be? Random crosses with stray pollen in the air from other growers? I did leave the window ajar on occasions when she was flowering, passive intake without filter. They are healthy looking seeds that look pretty mature.

Would they be just random crosses or would this be a "suck it and see" situation?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. "sometimes those nanas open inside the actual buds themselves so theres nothing visible
    there not a cross though, since it was self pollinating female vs cross pollination

id risk em, it wasn't a full on hermie more a last ditch effort to pollinate"

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), ggotch (24-11-18), MonsterEnergy (24-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Right, my little Thai plant was a regular female, I checked her regularly and there were no nanas as far as I could see.

Strangely, she has yielded me not just buds but seeds. 11 seeds so far. Her buds are sufficiently potent so I am not complaining at all, but just what seeds in terms of strains could these be? Random crosses with stray pollen in the air from other growers? I did leave the window ajar on occasions when she was flowering, passive intake without filter. They are healthy looking seeds that look pretty mature.

Would they be just random crosses or would this be a "suck it and see" situation?
    Probably a hermie due to a light leak, or the strain was pushed to long and made seeds herself. Either way, don’t pop them, as they are likely to do the same thing as the parent did

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), British green (25-11-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), ggotch (24-11-18), MonsterEnergy (24-11-18), Valentina (24-11-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

sometimes those nanas open inside the actual buds themselves so theres nothing visible
    there not a cross though, since it was self pollinating female vs cross pollination

id risk em, it wasn't a full on hermie more a last ditch effort to pollinate

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), British green (25-11-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), ggotch (24-11-18), Valentina (24-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Probably a hermie due to a light leak, or the strain was pushed to long and made seeds herself. Either way, don’t pop them, as they are likely to do the same thing as the parent did
    Thanks, Macky. I dunno... my tent is light proof and I was Religious with NOT messing with her once the lights were out.

Could have been the "long" flowering but she was chopped almost dead on at 11 weeks, as per her strain specifications. Her buds are pretty stoney, and not psychedelic like a Kush, sadly not exactly all that uplifting nor euphoric either, so I am not sure what had happened

I am tempted to pop them, but may be in spring/summer as a Plan B plant after the CBD grow. That, or they go on a salad.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), MonsterEnergy (24-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    sometimes those nanas open inside the actual buds themselves so theres nothing visible

id risk em, it wasn't a full on hermie more a last ditch effort to pollinate
    Thanks, MonsterEnergy. What is baffling me is that I break the buds with my fingers, so if there were male flowers I'd still have a chance to see them as I break up the bud over my saucepan, but nope. They just sit in a calyx that is more dry than the others, and inside each of those calyxes is a fat, tiger striped seed looking back at me, as good as giving me the finger...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), MonsterEnergy (24-11-18), Trex (24-11-18)

Thanks

had something very similar b4 with a self pollinating super skunk,
    i got more than 11 seeds though lol

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), Valentina (25-11-18)

Macky Guest

Tent might be light proof but it’s easy for a little bit to get in, or a small light on some equipment that has done it. Maybe your intake let’s in some light. The only way to really tell is get in your tent with light s off and zip it up. Wait a few minutes so your eyes adjust properly to the dark, and see if you can see anything

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (24-11-18), MonsterEnergy (24-11-18), Valentina (25-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Tent might be light proof but it’s easy for a little bit to get in, or a small light on some equipment that has done it. Maybe your intake let’s in some light. The only way to really tell is get in your tent with light s off and zip it up. Wait a few minutes so your eyes adjust properly to the dark, and see if you can see anything
    i recheck mine all the time, better safe than sorry
    is how i found out silver ducting leaks light like crazy

didn't even enter my mind b4 i actually checked myself

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), Valentina (25-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times
    Provided Answers: 29

Happy in the knowledge that my groom is in total darkness 24/7 unless im in there (lights on) so no leak possible

Yeah, Silver coating on that ducting is only semi opaque...combi ducting is the stuff to use

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (25-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Happy in the knowledge that my groom is in total darkness 24/7 unless im in there (lights on) so no leak possible

Yeah, Silver coating on that ducting is only semi opaque...combi ducting is the stuff to use
    Same for me mate, I keep my groom black out ( bitch for taking lights off pics though) , and I only have one light in there which i dont switch on during lights off hours any way. And my flowering tent has and extra black out curtain round it just to make sure lol. Sneaky fuckers those light leaks, will ruin your whole crop if youre not careful.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (24-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (25-11-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast