Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How come there are seeds on a female plant?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

thtas curious that, i just wing any seeds i find out the window, since reading up that hermi found seeds will produce hermi plants! or they get blizzed up in a smoothie if ive enough saved.
    how longs you been curing it for now val? may need that extra few weeks in the jars to ripen up
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

AND (25-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (25-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times
    Provided Answers: 37

On the bright side if it was from hermie, the seeds will be feminized..... granted they carry a slight hermie characteristic, but I’d run them!! Often u will find that after a generation or 2 they will stop making seeds all together with good healthy grows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

AND (25-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), lipnobody (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (25-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    On the bright side if it was from hermie, the seeds will be feminized..... granted they carry a slight hermie characteristic, but I’d run them!! Often u will find that after a generation or 2 they will stop making seeds all together with good healthy grows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    didnt know that now, thanks skunky

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

AND (25-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    how longs you been curing it for now val? may need that extra few weeks in the jars to ripen up
    About 6-7 weeks now. I don't smoke, but her smell has mellowed out. The earlier buds have been used for oil so right now we are just working through the harvest bit by bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    Yeah, the suspicion that they would be fem seeds is my reason for keeping them. I found another seed tonight but it is less developed than the others. How very strange that the plant just pops out seeds because she wants too. I am still wondering if she just picked up a stray pollen here and there from another growers' ditched plants though.

The only way to find out is to pop them!!
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (25-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), lipnobody (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

A wile back a grew some dna genetics sour banana sherbets from regs..from the 7 I had 3 went full blown hermie very early doors in flower ,unstable genetics is like to think over my own failings..pulled the 3 out immediately all be it I found out it was a tad late,as other plants were seeded so yield obviously suffered and smoke was ok I guess,anyway I threw all the seeds maybe kept 20 back at most,one day I thought why not ,these owe me one..turned out every seed of a series of grows were all fems and all went the full duration hassle free

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (25-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), lipnobody (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

Also val ,how do the seeds look..very ripe or not so ,they take a few weeks to develop properly.gives an idea of when things happened,folk always look away from self pollinated seeds ..how many stable feminised seeds bought over counters each year throw nut sacks out these days as flavours are rushed to the shelves..what I’m saying is don’t throw em val
    Last edited by Sadface; 25-11-18 at 01:58 AM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (25-11-18), GEORGE (25-11-18), lipnobody (25-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (28-11-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    Also val ,how do the seeds look..very ripe or not so ,they take a few weeks to develop properly.gives an idea of when things happened,folk always look away from self pollinated seeds ..how many stable feminised seeds bought over counters each year throw nut sacks out these days as flavours are rushed to the shelves..what I’m saying is don’t throw em val
    I don’t think it’s worth the risk at all! Seeds are cheap as fuck and gooooood genetics most the time. I wouldn’t take the risk of risking 6 weeks Grow time and have it end up hermie. If you’ve got spare room, try one, but I wouldn’t rely on them being female.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (25-11-18), GEORGE (28-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Sadface, the seeds are plump, waxy on the outside and tiger striped. THEY LOOK THE PART. They really do. Then again I am not some "cannaseur" LOL!

As you probably know space is at a huge premium and I can't afford eff-ups, which is why I tend to have one main plant and one or 2 smaller ones as my back up or Plan B plants. So they would be "Team B" seeds if/when I do grow them.

Macky, you're absolutely right about wasting 6 weeks. Heck, I can't afford 6 days! I am gonna hang onto them, may be pop them as plan B, may be feed ducks with them next year. Who knows.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

plants that were forced to self polinate brought about feminized seeds in the first place
    gg#4 is everywhere and those were hermie seeds

id be cautious of any feminized seed, that i still check regular
    but if ya got the space for a 1lt pepsi bottle - id risk trying 1-2

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-18), Valentina (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

I love having a couple big striped seeds pop out of a bud, honestly. Especially a really sticky phat ugly bud.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-18), MonsterEnergy (28-11-18), Valentina (28-11-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast