Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Q & A in Coco with Macky

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 701 Posts

    Default

    Macky I remember my 1st diary and you suggest I should try coco I have done 3 runs with soil and I don't think it is my cup of tea, in couple of weeks I'm starting new grow with coco, looking forward to it and hopefully can get the nutes right better for the plants and get better results

    Anyway few questions I have are ....

    What should I aim to get the temperature of the feeding water to be ?

    Do I have the feed silicone or is it optional, if so when ?

    Do I have to feed calmag if so when ?

    The part I'm not looking forward to is popping the seed and starting it off, this is what I was going to do, paper towel then straight into 11-12l final pot for autos, so the seed it ready do I soak the coco the day before ? If so with any feed or Phd water ? (canna nutes ill be using)

    Seed breaks the soil, cover with dome and mist round the outside of the dome ?

    Is this any good to get them started off, hope you can help can't wait to get in the coco


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-03-19)

  3. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 701 Posts

    Default

    Just found this , This may have answered one of my questions. Picking up loads of info reading through grow diary's and trying to get my self prepared and I will continue to do so, great info from all the talkers




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-03-19), Macky (18-03-19)

  5. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    11,231
    Thanks
    14,886
    Thanked 37,356 Times in 10,101 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Just found this , This may have answered one of my questions. Picking up loads of info reading through grow diary's and trying to get my self prepared and I will continue to do so, great info from all the talkers




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quality info as usual from the boss man.



    'You're not to blame, you're just a human, a victim of the insane'
    John Lennon

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    Easy-T (18-03-19), hotshot (19-03-19), M_C (18-03-19), Stickysticky (18-03-19)

  7. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 701 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Quality info as usual from the boss man.
    Definitely mate any insight on the first 3 questions brother


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-03-19), Macky (18-03-19)

  9. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    11,231
    Thanks
    14,886
    Thanked 37,356 Times in 10,101 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Definitely mate any insight on the first 3 questions brother


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry mate completely missed those lol. Start silicone around week three, and stop after five weeks into flower. It will on,y need a dose once a week.

    With cal mag, it's a touchy one. It will depend what's in your nuits. What I think is best, as I use a n b sensi grow from advanced, is to just feed a n b ( and silocne form week three) up until week two of flower. After the light change, not true flower. I'd add calmag to the nuits at that stage, as the plant uses most of it then. Raise the ph to 6.0 then aswell, as the calcium will be more available at that ph. Or try and let the ph swing between 5.8 and 6.2

    There is calcium in your water, and if you're using a n b nuits, there should be small amounts of calcium in there too. So be careful not to overdose, and keep and eye out for sign of cal mag def.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-03-19), Stickysticky (18-03-19)

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    11,231
    Thanks
    14,886
    Thanked 37,356 Times in 10,101 Posts

    Default

    Let your water stand for 24 hours before using it, this will get it to Room temps, around 18c is perfect. Letting it sit will also get rid of chlorine in the water. Add an air stone too if you have one, good aeration of the water will make a difference to the root zone

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-03-19), Stickysticky (18-03-19)

  13. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 701 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Sorry mate completely missed those lol. Start silicone around week three, and stop after five weeks into flower. It will on,y need a dose once a week.

    With cal mag, it's a touchy one. It will depend what's in your nuits. What I think is best, as I use a n b sensi grow from advanced, is to just feed a n b ( and silocne form week three) up until week two of flower. After the light change, not true flower. I'd add calmag to the nuits at that stage, as the plant uses most of it then. Raise the ph to 6.0 then aswell, as the calcium will be more available at that ph. Or try and let the ph swing between 5.8 and 6.2

    There is calcium in your water, and if you're using a n b nuits, there should be small amounts of calcium in there too. So be careful not to overdose, and keep and eye out for sign of cal mag def.
    Smashing thank you my man ! I know everything I need to buy for me to get started, once I get them ordered and arrive I'll have a check of my background ec see what it comes out at, in the mean team I'll still be browsing topics, diary's and everything, some amazing info on the talk it's nuts, also plenty of amazing growers on here ! You learn from the best and hopefully I manage to pull it off in coco, I've been all over the shop in soil this time round, thanks I've saved the info above appreciate it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-03-19), Macky (02-04-19)

  15. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    So I have just started my first coco grow.

    I'm running 26l fabric pots.

    They are on a feed timer that gives them loads of constant reed throughout the day.

    Due to constant small feed the coco isn't drying out.

    Also where the fabric pots are sitting in the trays, I am getting no run off....

    There are 6 plants and they getting through about 20l of water a day.

    I did a run off test and flooded them out they were coming back at a less ec than it went in at?
    Is that even possible have I just messed something up?

    Plants look and seem perfectly healthy and continuing to grow well....

    I had a deficiency come up which I believe to be magnesium based....
    I have attached some photos.

    Although I believe the medium not drying out ever is possibly causing a lockout....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_131358.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	371231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_131358.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	371231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_131358.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	371231
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_133414.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	371229  

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YourManMark For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (04-04-19), Macky (07-04-19)

  17. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_131350.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	371232
    Here is another photo of one of the leaves. All on lower plant. Also some yellowing. Suspected nitrogen toxicity but no clawing of the leaves.

    Mixed up some Epsom salts 2 days ago and 're fed.
    Also added some more advanced big bud and some b52 to the feed tank.

    Oh is 6.0 sometimes 6.1
    And the ad was at 1.1 first week
    Now sitting 1.2 again on 6.0

    Shouldn't be a ph lockout that's why I suspect root lockout due to moisture

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YourManMark For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (04-04-19), Macky (07-04-19)

  19. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 701 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourManMark View Post
    So I have just started my first coco grow.

    I'm running 26l fabric pots.

    They are on a feed timer that gives them loads of constant reed throughout the day.

    Due to constant small feed the coco isn't drying out.

    Also where the fabric pots are sitting in the trays, I am getting no run off....

    There are 6 plants and they getting through about 20l of water a day.

    I did a run off test and flooded them out they were coming back at a less ec than it went in at?
    Is that even possible have I just messed something up?

    Plants look and seem perfectly healthy and continuing to grow well....

    I had a deficiency come up which I believe to be magnesium based....
    I have attached some photos.

    Although I believe the medium not drying out ever is possibly causing a lockout....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_131358.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	371231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_131358.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	371231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190402_131358.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	371231
    Sure Some one will assist you, I haven't grew in coco yet and I have never used a feed timer but you will need to get that run off man about 20 percent and the pots can't sit in the run off, as to the feed timer I don't have a clue but can't you change the timer to give them longer breaks without feed and when they do get fed give them more feed over a shorter time and this may get you run off and give the pots chance to dry out a little more, but like I said someone who's knows will no doubt help you out mate, I don't really know how feed timers work


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (04-04-19), Macky (07-04-19)

  21. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Browsing the Forum
    Posts
    11,231
    Thanks
    14,886
    Thanked 37,356 Times in 10,101 Posts

    Default

    Sorry mate I missed this, If the Ec of the run off is coming out lower than it went in, then your should up the ec. You sure when you tested run off you were getting it mid stream?

    Coco has real good drainage, even though it might be wet, the roots will still get plenty of air as long as they are not left in run off.

    Id be more inclined to adjust the timers so it feeds twice a day, with enough water to get run off, then stops.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    Gaz (22-04-19), hotshot (08-04-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quebec Cannabis Seeds

Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK