Thread: What is this??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Default What is this??

Found it in the overhead storage of the van i bought a couple of weeks ago. I went to the webiste name printed on it. They are a supplier of LEDs and monitors etc to film studios and pop music tours etc. Being really stoned when i found it, i instantly assumed i was being bugged, or GPS targeted for a drone strike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20181126-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	368326

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20181126-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	368327

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), CityDweller (27-11-18), Dr Green (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), lipnobody (01-12-18), Trex (29-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Flashing LED badge at a guess, RGB maybe, how many pins on the led ? switch is on botton left in 1st pic, try it...

No aerial/antenna so you're safe

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Priapus (27-11-18), Trex (29-11-18)

Thanks

Oh god i am too stoned ,,I was looking all around my desk for the bastard thing..I was sitting on it

You are right AND-thats exactly what it is. Probably had a gaudy christmas tree or something stuck to it originally. Nice one mate.

I acctually had a feeling it would be you who would know what it was

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), CityDweller (27-11-18), Gaz (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Trex (29-11-18), UpT0wn (27-11-18)

Thanks

I would go with a Happy 6th Birthday badge

Lol...used to make them when I was about 11...had a bit of a thing with the new emerging LED technology Red, yellow & Green light source that wasn't a bulb with plastic covers or paint...oooooh...at one stage I had 170 flashing LED's around my bedroom...then I found sound to light circuits...also made traffic lights for the local model railway club...then spent all the money in the Arcades...ahhh

Built a wicked Bar graph spectrum analyser with 140 for my Pioneer stack system

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-11-18), Gaz (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Trex (29-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post

Lol...used to make them when I was about 11...had a bit of a thing with the new emerging LED technology Red, yellow & Green light source that wasn't a bulb with plastic covers or paint...oooooh...at one stage I had 170 flashing LED's around my bedroom...then I found sound to light circuits...also made traffic lights for the local model railway club...then spent all the money in the Arcades...ahhh

Then you realised you could grow plants under all those lights..."But what type of plants?", the young AND mused...And the rest is history

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), CityDweller (27-11-18), Gaz (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18)

Thanks

Never used LED's to grow, obviously gonna change when I win that Invisible_Sun comp

Also, never grown a thing in my life until I started here in Feb this year

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-11-18), Gaz (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Priapus (27-11-18), Trex (29-11-18), UpT0wn (27-11-18)

Thanks

Never used LED's to grow, obviously gonna change when I win that Invisible_Sun comp

Also, never grown a thing in my life until I started here in Feb this year
    Be hard for you to win...Considering im going to win

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), CityDweller (27-11-18), Gaz (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18)

Macky Guest

You’re a fucking freak! Chinese AI or some shit! Who knows these things ffs lol

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), CityDweller (27-11-18), Gaz (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), Priapus (27-11-18)

Thanks

So stripping old TV sets at the age of 8 is not normal then...

Chinese AI...

Had my own tools/soldering iron etc. and a supplier of old sets. The guy had a repair shop not far from my house...he would have been about 70...taught me loads...made a lw/mw radio for a class science project out of the bits from an ITT colour tv & a bit of floorboard. Blew my primary school teacher away when the class heard Radio 1...275/285 & stereo vhf playing from what looked like an exploded bomb etched into my mind forever...

Was the only 1st year at secondary school in the lunchtime science club...always loved electronics as a kid...came in pretty handy for the arcade machines too. CRT screens, early digital electronics in plywood boxes have a certain smell to them.

Got into computers & programming from an early age too...mostly sound and graphics...done my stint in the computer industry for a bit...made a bit of wad, bought some arcade machines & that was my main hobby for a long while...biggest mistake I ever made was turning down a job with IBM in 1990 but I'd had enough...always been into the repair of stuff so it was either electronics, cars or the building trade

Electronics is expensive...Cars are dirty so I chose the building trade...kitchens & bathrooms mainly...but I do the lot and I'm good at it

Hopefully, no one I know grows weed so would be a member here...else I'll be getting a phone call later

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

gardro (27-11-18), Gaz (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), kyg (27-11-18), lipnobody (01-12-18), WhIpLaSh (27-11-18)

Thanks

So stripping old TV sets at the age of 8 is not normal then...

Chinese AI...

Had my own tools/soldering iron etc. and a supplier of old sets. The guy had a repair shop not far from my house...he would have been about 70...taught me loads...made a lw/mw radio for a class science project out of the bits from an ITT colour tv & a bit of floorboard. Blew my primary school teacher away when the class heard Radio 1...275/285 & stereo vhf playing from what looked like an exploded bomb etched into my mind forever...

Was the only 1st year at secondary school in the lunchtime science club...always loved electronics as a kid...came in pretty handy for the arcade machines too. CRT screens, early digital electronics in plywood boxes have a certain smell to them.

Got into computers & programming from an early age too...mostly sound and graphics...done my stint in the computer industry for a bit...made a bit of wad, bought some arcade machines & that was my main hobby for a long while...biggest mistake I ever made was turning down a job with IBM in 1990 but I'd had enough...always been into the repair of stuff so it was either electronics, cars or the building trade

Electronics is expensive...Cars are dirty so I chose the building trade...kitchens & bathrooms mainly...but I do the lot and I'm good at it

Hopefully, no one I know grows weed so would be a member here...else I'll be getting a phone call later
    Wouldnt worry AND Kids are always odd. I had loads of snakes when i was a kid

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

AND (27-11-18), GEORGE (27-11-18), lipnobody (01-12-18)