Thread: First grow - 5/6 weeks in veg (heat issues)

Thanks

Default First grow - 5/6 weeks in veg (heat issues)

Hi all

Got few questions I need advice on.

I have a grow fairly large and hold 6 plants two autos and 4 feminised. The temp is AVG 28 but sometimes hits 30/32 which I lowered the wattage down ,now floats around 26/28 but when the time turns off around 10am (I'm at work) it drops significantly to around 13/15° as it's really cold in england.

My concern is I have a carbon filter connected to a extractor fan which is connected to the ducting when i turn it on I can feel the warm air (sometimes it's barely warm) but In the tent I can't feel anything besides the normal fans I already have one.

Does you extractor fan system give any signs that's it's actually working as when I place my hand on the carbon filter I can't feel anything. I can hear it working (extractor fan) and the air comes out the ducting.

Any advice will be great

I have two HPs lights 600watts each but currently running at 400w each or the temp hit 32/33° which I cannot control. Humidity is around 40%

I have 1 large fan 1 6inch clip fan and two USB fans which I will be upgrading. I have one humidifier in there as well.

My other question is the autos have already started to flower, in 3 weeks I will be turning to flowering stage 12/12 for my feminised seeds will that affect the autos as I read somewhere auto don't do so well with 12/12.

Any advice would great.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abz4ever For This Useful Post:

G' (28-11-18), Trex (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Youll yave to upgrade your fan .

How many cfm and what size tent ?

I use a cool hood in mine and run a 600 and temps are perfect

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

G' (28-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Youll yave to upgrade your fan .

How many cfm and what size tent ?

I use a cool hood in mine and run a 600 and temps are perfect

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Tent is 1.2m X 2.4m X 2m and is running an 6 Inch Ram 2-speed Mixed Flow which cpm I don't know as the site doesn't say. Brought it part of a starter kit so not sure why they would sell a weak ass fan, the blow side is strong just suction is a bit lame then again it makes slot of noise and I run it at level one with a speed reducer. You know of any good fans not so expensive but not so loud.

Can't upload a picture as it errors.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abz4ever For This Useful Post:

G' (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I tried running 2 hps lights in my groom and no matter what i did i couldn't get my temps down so went with just the 1 and even then it was hard to keep temps down so in the end i was running lights on with doors open that did the job, i've never tried auto's on 12/12 but i know they would be much better on 18/06 or 20/04 i'm sure one of the auto guys will be along soon they will know more on that, all the best brother, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

Thanks

Manage to control the temperature down to 27° but both lights running at 400w unless it's really cold then one can go up to 600w, but the door has to be open a little like the person above mentioned.

Anyone got any ideas where I can get a fan speed controller that actually helps mask the noise and isn't going to cost me a fortune.

My fan runs at : 397 / 516 m3/hr (finally found it)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abz4ever For This Useful Post:

G' (30-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I check mine by blowing smoke at it or with a tissue.
    I'd get a lil oil filled radiator on a timer for lights off... and if not already doing so, try to have lights on during the night when it's cooler.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

G' (30-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

12/12 isn't ideal for autos but unless you're willing to keep vegging the photos till you chop them you've not much choice. People do it tho so better than not having em at all eh

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

G' (30-11-18)

Thanks

Youll want a 8inch fan for 2 x 600w mate