Thread: White tipped buds

Thanks

Default White tipped buds

Hey everyone, this is my blue bull 3 1/2 weeks into flower. I just started to notice white tips on a few of the buds closest to the light. As you can see by pictures some are just normal. Is this a bad thing like light damage and hurt the thc content and taste, or is it good and producing extra thc crystals? I coulda swore I heard about it being damage in the past but right now when I look it up all I see is it being a good thing. I have a 1000 watt adjustable light, I just like to run it at 1000 for bigger bud production. I need to buy a grow bible but am short on funds and when I have them I buy more grow stuff instead haha. Any help appreciated

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chase3196 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-11-18), GEORGE (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-11-18), GEORGE (28-11-18), M_C (30-11-18), UpT0wn (28-11-18)

MrChedHead Guest

What he said

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-11-18), GEORGE (28-11-18), M_C (30-11-18), UpT0wn (28-11-18)

Thanks

Okay I thought so! I did this in instinct this morning just wanted to verify with someone before thinking it was good and moving them back down

Also, can you overfeed with bought supersoil that says water only if you do compost tea every few waterings? I've heard it improves the number of good bacteria.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chase3196 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh and when harvesting will I need to cut this out or is the area still smokeable?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chase3196 For This Useful Post:

MrChedHead Guest

Just be careful mate as in my experience if you burn buds like that it leads to the bad kind of foxtailing

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Mould also is many cases .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-11-18), GEORGE (28-11-18), MonsterEnergy (30-11-18), Valentina (28-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by chase3196 View Post
    Okay I thought so! I did this in instinct this morning just wanted to verify with someone before thinking it was good and moving them back down

Also, can you overfeed with bought supersoil that says water only if you do compost tea every few waterings? I've heard it improves the number of good bacteria.

I am on my first super soil grow. One of my plants is almost finished and still looking overfed. One is yellowing nicely to finish. Both are same size but different strain. Different strains have different nute requirements. If they are not big eaters they can look overfed all the way thru since the soil is so hot.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-18), Trex (30-11-18)

Thanks

I've been curious on that one with the super soil. I've heard that all strains require different nutes, however I've also heard that super soil is one of the closest ways to buy bagged soil that you don't have to add anything to and allows the plant to grow like it would in nature. With that being said, are different strains always overfed or underfed when growing in nature?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chase3196 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrChedHead View Post
    Just be careful mate as in my experience if you burn buds like that it leads to the bad kind of foxtailing
    The buds still seem to be pretty dense, whenever I go to harvest though should I cut the white part off of any of the buds before smoking it or will it be okay and not hardly effect flavor?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to chase3196 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-18)