Thread: Biology lesson for newbie what happens to "overfed" plant??

Thanks

Default Biology lesson for newbie what happens to "overfed" plant??

Hey guys so I have been posting in the indoor section for tips, at moment trying for first ever grow auto blueberryxsomango and we seem to have seriously overfed it and I was wondering what exactly happens to the plant in these times for example the plant has "burnt tip" what is this exactly and the plants leafs are dark in color and folding inwards and outwards, is this sign of recovery? Does the plant expel the excess nutrients or use up what is stored and will the burnt tips heal and turn green again and also how does overfed plant compare with producing bud?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel9119 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-18), redisiel (02-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Overfed plants tend to stall during flowering.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (08-12-18), GEORGE (02-12-18), redisiel (02-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

The reason the different plants get over fed is because generally the chemicals you feed them are chelated so they have no choice but to tale them up unlike where I/others grow in a properly built soils and the plants take food as and when they need it along with the help of microorganisms.
    The leafs will stay burnt and get worse if left being ocerfed , I would suggest a flush tbh if your growing in a way your force feeding!
    The description your giving sounds like too much nitrogen in my opinion but some pictures would help though!
    Hope this helps a little mate it’s aboult as scientific as I remember lol
    Peace
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

AND (09-12-18), GEORGE (02-12-18), M_C (02-12-18), WF420 (08-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    The reason the different plants get over fed is because generally the chemicals you feed them are chelated so they have no choice but to tale them up unlike where I/others grow in a properly built soils and the plants take food as and when they need it along with the help of microorganisms.
    The leafs will stay burnt and get worse if left being ocerfed , I would suggest a flush tbh if your growing in a way your force feeding!
    The description your giving sounds like too much nitrogen in my opinion but some pictures would help though!
    Hope this helps a little mate it’s aboult as scientific as I remember lol
    Peace
    Redz
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181130_082216.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	368544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181130_082240.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	368545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181130_082330.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	368546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181130_082341.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	368547
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181130_082428.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	368548

Sorry not clear pics

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mel9119 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-18)

Thanks

I have given her half a small plastic bottle of water as it felt semi dryish, only gave her drink 2 days ago... Do weed plants burn through the nitrogen when the lights are on over time naturally?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mel9119 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mel9119 View Post
    Hey guys so I have been posting in the indoor section for tips, at moment trying for first ever grow auto blueberryxsomango and we seem to have seriously overfed it and I was wondering what exactly happens to the plant in these times for example the plant has "burnt tip" what is this exactly and the plants leafs are dark in color and folding inwards and outwards, is this sign of recovery? Does the plant expel the excess nutrients or use up what is stored and will the burnt tips heal and turn green again and also how does overfed plant compare with producing bud?
    If the leaves fold in and out - this is a bad sign. The plant does not push the excess nutrients, and consumes. But here there is one "but": as they say, if the deputy, then it is not great. It may turn out even worse, just like if you pour water in a booster, this will also have a bad effect on the plant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JayePotts For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-12-18)