Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: need some help plants in week 6

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2293 View Post
    ahh really?? it does make total sense, we nearly half way through week 5 and the most I have given at 1 time is 2l which I have realised now is really not enough at all , I filtered 15l of water last night and have let it sit which I usally do, gonna use 5l on each and see how much run off I get
    Try not to let the plants soak any run off back In to the pot
    I normally raise the tub a couple of inches so any waste can flow away and if you use a kitchen bowl you won't have to remove them from your lights
    Me personally with auto's I try to steer away from flushing unless absolutely necessary

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18), ryan2293 (04-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    Try not to let the plants soak any run off back In to the pot
    I normally raise the tub a couple of inches so any waste can flow away and if you use a kitchen bowl you won't have to remove them from your lights
    Me personally with auto's I try to steer away from flushing unless absolutely necessary
    ok mate, as I said I have really watered till there was alot of run off, the water seems to go straight through the pot and then soaks back in, as I said I haven't actually given any nutes but it looks like nute Burn lol so maybe a flush would do some good ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18), Greengrass (04-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Depends flushing would require you to put 3x the pot size so 15 ltr=45 litres of water through each tub in an attempt to strip the soil of nutrients
    But just putting through 5 to 10 litres through with a good amount of run off will slowly leech out the soil nutes but this way your going to have less risk of shocking the plant until it adjusts, and either way you won't be able to get shot of the nutrients that the plant has already taken in
    But if you are going to flush that much the final 5 litres put a small amount of bloom nutes in say 1 mil /litre
    Last edited by Greengrass; 04-12-18 at 12:59 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (04-12-18), GEORGE (05-12-18), ryan2293 (04-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I would not be flushing. The water is passing thru too fast because it is dry. Water slowly. Give about a liter and then come back in 5 minutes and give a few more liters. Soil should be fully saturated and then allowed to almost dry but not completely dry and repeat. With better watering the plant will improve.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18), Greengrass (04-12-18), ryan2293 (04-12-18)

Thanks

ahhh I see, when I would water it would just basically come out the bottom so I had to let it sit in the drip tray till it was sucked back up, what in gonna do is water with 1l and then 5 mins later come back and water some more, gonna use 5l on them as I said only been doing about 2l so 5 should be plenty haha, once I have used the 5l I'm gonna let them sit for 10 mims and pour any run off away

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18), Greengrass (05-12-18)

Thanks

ok mate thanks for all the help I aint gonna flush them I'm just gonna be adding a lot more water then usual, gonna give them a 1l then add the other 4 after about 5 mins so it don't just go straight through the pot, if there is any run off from 5l I will let it sit for 10 mins then pour away, Friday will be a week into flower, probs gonna start bloom at at day 10 - 14 of flower, never gave any grow nutes u think I should add a small amount to the bloom??

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18), Greengrass (05-12-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3