Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Lighting Tech

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Hi mate, red 630nm, deep red 660nm and far red 730nm lighting is definitely a positive when it comes to flowering. Have a read of the Emerson Effect if you want some wider knowledge.

I steer clear of UVa and UVb to be honest. The gains are marginal vs the risk to humans.

Got to watch the cheaper Chinese leds which can emit UV due to poor manufacturing

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit
    You know I hadn't really thought of the health risks from UV diodes mate but I suppose, with it being a bedroom project I probably can't be too careful. Yeah and I guess that probably applies to cheap diodes too. Oh well, when you're only buying 10 I guess you can afford to splash out! You reckon boosting the 630 is worthwhile as well?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-01-19), GEORGE (29-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    You know I hadn't really thought of the health risks from UV diodes mate but I suppose, with it being a bedroom project I probably can't be too careful. Yeah and I guess that probably applies to cheap diodes too. Oh well, when you're only buying 10 I guess you can afford to splash out! You reckon boosting the 630 is worthwhile as well?
    Max benefit comes with the golden ratios between the reds. 630 and 660 is fairly well present in the warm white cobs but if supplementing one, Emerson says you get benefit by maintaining the golden ratios

Current diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-Sun-Led-Kit

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-19), MonsterEnergy (23-02-19), thelastrebel (28-01-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

didn't wanna start a new topic gardro, would be interested to hear your thoughts on the 10k uv finishing bulbs
    i honestly wouldn't grow without mine after trying it on my last 3 grows but that's not a technical/scientific answer

any chance of a thread/topic about em including spectrum/par/lumens/etc??

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

gardro (23-02-19), GEORGE (03-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    didn't wanna start a new topic gardro, would be interested to hear your thoughts on the 10k uv finishing bulbs
    i honestly wouldn't grow without mine after trying it on my last 3 grows but that's not a technical/scientific answer

I've got some research on pre harvest lighting so let me have a good read up and then let me come back to you

Current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...nd-a-bit-autos

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (23-02-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), MonsterEnergy (23-02-19)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

I've got some research on pre harvest lighting so let me have a good read up and then let me come back to you
    cheers mate, can't ask for anymore than that

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

gardro (23-02-19), GEORGE (03-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I was looking at the GOD2 or GOD4
    Hi Valentina

Budmaster G.O.D. Series
    Budmaster released their led series based on the Osram Delux Gold (G.O.D.) SSL80 led emitters back in 2015 and was sold as their premium line until it was discontinued in 2018 when Budmaster began trading as Cropmaster.
    The Osram leds were a premium horticultural specific led capable of continual use for 100,000 hours with output losses of only 1% per year. This was a significant quality increase from the Lumiled Leds used in the entry XG range.

THE GOD -2
    A popular home grower’s choice

LIGHTING METRICS
    Budmaster no longer list the unit specifications but I have managed to gain some data
    The important information is the efficacy at 1.89umol per joule. Some of the latest Samsung based lighting is achieving upto 2.7umol per joule as a comparison

Heres is an informative video completed by Migro (potentially biased of course), bearing in mind this is a GOD-6 ( 3 x GOD-2). You can get a good appreciation for the intensity and spread.
    https://youtu.be/pEtgLfW8Snc

SPECTRUM

Contains the critical blue and red wavelengths, very much a blurple light. Mid spectrum is lacking which may not assist with the lights vegetative penetration.

COST
    The GOD -2 is available circa £500. This is fairly premium price point for the light performance

COOLING

The units do require active cooling and include a 33CFM 2500rpm cooling fan

WATERPROOF
    Very impressive IP68 rating and are fully UL/ROHS and CE approved

Overall
    In my opinion this light is a very capable blurple generation light. The efficacy of 1.83 umol per joule (increasing in the 2018 facelifted model to 1.89) is beyond the likes of Mars hydro and Viparspectra of a similar vintage.
    The unit if beautifully made and the Osram leds are very robust ( even more so in 2018 model)
    Bearing in mind the price however, the umol per joule per £ is low compared to the likes of Invisible Sun and even Migro, who are a premium priced brand.
    A few years back, this light would have been a solid choice but tech has moved on and the light is already at the end of its life cycle. Budmaster themselves have dropped the range in replacement of their Pro Cropmasters which use white led technology

Hope that gives some food for thought.

Regards
    Gardro (aka Gardo)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (03-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), JB (04-03-19), UpT0wn (03-03-19), Valentina (03-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Hi Valentina

Budmaster no longer list the unit specifications but I have managed to gain some data
    The important information is the efficacy at 1.89umol per joule. Some of the latest Samsung based lighting is achieving upto 2.7umol per joule as a comparison
    In my opinion this light is a very capable blurple generation light. The efficacy of 1.83 umol per joule (increasing in the 2018 facelifted model to 1.89) is beyond the likes of Mars hydro and Viparspectra of a similar vintage.
    The unit if beautifully made and the Osram leds are very robust ( even more so in 2018 model)
    Bearing in mind the price however, the umol per joule per £ is low compared to the likes of Invisible Sun and even Migro, who are a premium priced brand.
    A few years back, this light would have been a solid choice but tech has moved on and the light is already at the end of its life cycle. Budmaster themselves have dropped the range in replacement of their Pro Cropmasters which use white led technology

Hope that gives some food for thought.

Regards
    Gardro (aka Gardo)
    Hi Gardro,

WOW, thank you so much for taking the time to look at the lamps, the data analysis, and for posting! My heart sinks a little seeing that the blurple is being phased out. I have a soft spot for them because they keep the plants compact, and for what little headroom I have, every little helps. But you are right, in terms of price point vs output, the GOD lamps are clearly not in the lead. Even with a big pinch of salt, the Migro vs GOD video is pretty self explanatory.

None the less I am not sure if I am persuaded away from the brand though, given just how very beautifully and robustly build they are. I have had no problem with my little XG, I just love that little lamp. No fuss, no maintenance, it just works, and very well too so far.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

gardro (03-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), UpT0wn (03-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Hi Gardro,

WOW, thank you so much for taking the time to look at the lamps, the data analysis, and for posting! My heart sinks a little seeing that the blurple is being phased out. I have a soft spot for them because they keep the plants compact, and for what little headroom I have, every little helps. But you are right, in terms of price point vs output, the GOD lamps are clearly not in the lead. Even with a big pinch of salt, the Migro vs GOD video is pretty self explanatory.

None the less I am not sure if I am persuaded away from the brand though, given just how very beautifully and robustly build they are. I have had no problem with my little XG, I just love that little lamp. No fuss, no maintenance, it just works, and very well too so far.
    No worries. They are certainly some of the best blurple lights out there still. If you get chance, look at the Cropmasters as they are 2+ umol per joule. The price isnt competitive imho.

Spectrum is overrated. Bright PAR is all thats necessary so youre heart may need to hold out for the future. White leds give off more light per watt right now but Osram's and Samsung's latest blue and red diodes are punching well above their weight, more so than white

Current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...nd-a-bit-autos

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-19), JB (04-03-19), UpT0wn (03-03-19), Valentina (03-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

No worries. They are certainly some of the best blurple lights out there still. If you get chance, look at the Cropmasters as they are 2+ umol per joule. The price isnt competitive imho.

Spectrum is overrated. Bright PAR is all thats necessary so youre heart may need to hold out for the future. White leds give off more light per watt right now but Osram's and Samsung's latest blue and red diodes are punching well above their weight, more so than white
    Thanks, Gardro. I agree, I'll hold out for a bit still.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

gardro (03-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), UpT0wn (03-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

Hi Monster

Is there a specific bulb to look at? Im foreign to this area but heres one spectrum plot ive come across while searching

600w Sunmaster 10K

The premise here is that the high energy (blue) PAR and UVA/B/C will drive flavinoid, terpenes and cannbinoids.

Looking at the spectrum of the Sunmaster here, i must say the ratios are far too heavily biassed in the high energy range ( the blues and beyond ). There is relatively little PAR so the time you are using the finishing bulb, the yield is taking a hit. The reason is that energy is diverted from growth during this time. The finishing light will drive secondary metabolism only ( i.e. not growth ).
    There is no evidence that UV is more effective than deep blue either. Im assuming everyone lights out before they enter the groom with these lights too.

A small amount of UV/blue light is all that is required so it would be far more effective to use a source of blue in addition to the HPS spectrum. I would say a dual spectrum HPS will be as/more effective as the finishing lamp

I also came across 6K bulbs which may have a better PAR to NON PAR ratio

This is a fascninating subject and from what i can see, the amount of supplemental light required ot drive looks and falvours is rougly 5-10% of the power required to flower with. Certainly wont need a 600W light for example

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (04-03-19), GEORGE (03-03-19), JB (04-03-19), Valentina (05-03-19)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8