Thread: question about nutrients

Thanks

Default question about nutrients

hi just need to know about pk nutrients, I am about halfway through my first auto flower grow ( nothern lights)
    and have only just read up on pk nutrients adding weight and fattening buds up, plants will be 6 weeks old Saturday and would have been a week in flower tomorrow, I havent added any nutes yet anyways because I started in 15l pots with plant magic supreme soil and was told they would be good with no extra nutes for about 4 - 6 weeks, gonna start my bloom nutes at about day 10 - 14 of flower, wanna know if and when i should add pk nutes, probably gonna use old timers as that's what my grow and bloom is but I have seen there is pk 4-8 and pk 13- 14, which 1 should I use and also should I be adding some grow nutes to the bloom, havent used any nutes yet as I said but dunno if i should just forgot a out the grow as I haven't needed to use any yet, any reply would be much appreciated thanks

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-12-18), GEORGE (06-12-18), Greengrass (06-12-18), HelixFertilizers (06-12-18), JimMcG (06-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

I use the bloom and pk 4-8.(very rarely the grow,maybe just a ml at the start of flower if the leaves are looking light.) I water/feed 2l every 2-3 days. The first few feeds I just use either 0.5-1ml per liter of bloom.( i do a feed, then 2-3 days later just water, then 2-3 days after that,another feed, 2-3 days then just water etc...) Best advice i read on here was ''less is more.'' Then I start to gradually increase the bloom to 1.5-2ml per liter and see how she takes it. Then, a few weeks into flower i'll do 1.5-2ml of bloom and 0.5ml pk 4-8 and then gradually increase the pk 4-8 to 1.5-2ml and the 2ml of bloom towards the end to get them buds fattened up before the flush. I dont use the pk 13-14 as i try and keep my grows organic. Everyone is different,this is just my way and have had some good results. Just dont be tempted to add shit loads of nutes,its easily done.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-12-18), creeperpark (15-12-18), GEORGE (06-12-18), Greengrass (06-12-18), HelixFertilizers (06-12-18), JimMcG (06-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    I use the bloom and pk 4-8.(very rarely the grow,maybe just a ml at the start of flower if the leaves are looking light.) I water/feed 2l every 2-3 days. The first few feeds I just use either 0.5-1ml per liter of bloom.( i do a feed, then 2-3 days later just water, then 2-3 days after that,another feed, 2-3 days then just water etc...) Best advice i read on here was ''less is more.'' Then I start to gradually increase the bloom to 1.5-2ml per liter and see how she takes it. Then, a few weeks into flower i'll do 1.5-2ml of bloom and 0.5ml pk 4-8 and then gradually increase the pk 4-8 to 1.5-2ml and the 2ml of bloom towards the end to get them buds fattened up before the flush. I dont use the pk 13-14 as i try and keep my grows organic. Everyone is different,this is just my way and have had some good results. Just dont be tempted to add shit loads of nutes,its easily done.
    ok mate thanks for the help, I have seen people say less nutes with auto is better so I'm deffo gonna keep it low and introduce gradually, gonna do how you just described, I didn't know the difference between pk 4 8 and pk 13 14 but if it's a case of 1 is organic and 1 is not them I will 100% use on 4 8 as I like go keep it organic haha, reckon I would he ok to give them there first feed tomorrow as it would be a week into flower ??

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-12-18), Greengrass (06-12-18), Kurdt (06-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Should be ok tomorrow, just start low with the bloom, 0.25-0.5 per liter. Yeah, 4-8 is organic, 13-14 is not. Im still learning myself but so far this method has worked good with me, others can advise better systems, i just like to keep mine fool proof, because 90% of the time im a fkn idiot

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-12-18), Greengrass (06-12-18), ryan2293 (06-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Should be ok tomorrow, just start low with the bloom, 0.25-0.5 per liter. Yeah, 4-8 is organic, 13-14 is not. Im still learning myself but so far this method has worked good with me, others can advise better systems, i just like to keep mine fool proof, because 90% of the time im a fkn idiot
    ok mate nice 1 they growing by the day so I might just keep with the water for this next watering tomorrow, this my first grow so everything is new to me haha, as I said I'm gonna use sane method you do and if anything needs changing then I will haha thanks for help bro

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-12-18), Greengrass (06-12-18), Kurdt (06-12-18)