Thread: Fan and filter upgrade time

Thanks

Default Fan and filter upgrade time

Ok so now I'm heavy into flower and I'm about 3 weeks from chop, it's now I have noticed how piss poor the rhino hobby filter is as my house smells like a farm (may even have to chop early).

I'm looking at getting a mountain air filter with an rvk fan but honestly have no idea what I'm looking at.
    My tent is an 80x80x160 but I would prefer to have too much power so I can adjust the fan if needed.

Can anyone reccomend what sizes would match each other as I have seen people use different size filter to fan.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Terpinator For This Useful Post:

Bin man (07-01-19), curiouscultivator (09-04-19), GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

I have a 100mm RVK with a RAM filter and have no issues with a similar sized space.

What extraction do you have now? Is the Rhino filter old? Humidity might of aged it. Does the tent have negative pressure?
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (09-04-19), GEORGE (11-12-18), The_Terpinator (06-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wn View Post
    I have a 100mm RVK with a RAM filter and have no issues with a similar sized space.

What extraction do you have now? Is the Rhino filter old? Humidity might of aged it. Does the tent have negative pressure?
    So the filter is a rhino hobby with an orchard fan (it was a package deal) although now I know that these aren't great. It's only around 3 months old and I do have negative pressure. Humidity has been slightly higher than I would have liked around 60% for most of the grow although it's dropped to low 50s now with the help of a dehumidifier

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Terpinator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks

Mate

You need the rvk I’d go for a 6 inch with a rhino pro and a controller and your be golden. Remember bigger blade means slower speed means quiet operation.

The fan controller will help as the seasons change I use variac and it’s great. The pro rhino is much better than the hobby too I’ve had mine almost two years and still going strong and I’ve a rolling grow set up so it’s always running.

That’s my bit good luck I love an upgrade

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), The_Terpinator (07-12-18), Valentina (05-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Mate

You need the rvk I’d go for a 6 inch with a rhino pro and a controller and your be golden. Remember bigger blade means slower speed means quiet operation.

The fan controller will help as the seasons change I use variac and it’s great. The pro rhino is much better than the hobby too I’ve had mine almost two years and still going strong and I’ve a rolling grow set up so it’s always running.

That’s my bit good luck I love an upgrade
    Thanks for that mate, been looking at the variac controllers aswell

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Terpinator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Defo go for the mountain air filter, ive used the rhino pro for about a year and had continuous smell problems so i bought a mountain air............no more reek! I have a same size tent as you and use a 4'' set up with a RAM fan but it is a little loud,(if i could do it all again,i would of got a 5''-6'' set up) i have a seed controller for the fan which does help with the noise though.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), Sadface (07-12-18), The_Terpinator (07-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    Defo go for the mountain air filter, ive used the rhino pro for about a year and had continuous smell problems so i bought a mountain air............no more reek! I have a same size tent as you and use a 4'' set up with a RAM fan but it is a little loud,(if i could do it all again,i would of got a 5''-6'' set up) i have a seed controller for the fan which does help with the noise though.
    Cheers for that, will check out the seed controller. Was thinking of going for a 6" setup mate

Just read that again, did you just miss a letter p from seed controller. I almost googled seed controller 🤣
    Last edited by The_Terpinator; 07-12-18 at 09:53 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Terpinator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), Kurdt (07-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The_Terpinator View Post
    Cheers for that, will check out the seed controller. Was thinking of going for a 6" setup mate

Just read that again, did you just miss a letter p from seed controller. I almost googled seed controller ��
    lol,yeah sorry...sPeed

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18), The_Terpinator (07-12-18)